Wall of Memories

Huddled in a corner you sat there shivering, not because it was cold. But something made you shiver, something beyond the light over you chilled your bones.

The knocking you heard before was now more distant. For some reason your heart beated loudly in your ears. You couldn't hear anything above the sound. How you wished your ears had done the same that night. Then maybe, there would be less pieces to pick up. Maybe you would've felt more attractive, more confident.

Suddenly the wall behind you moved. The action making you tumble forward as you crawled to your feet. Stepping out of the circle of light, the wall continued to follow you. Suddenly a wall on your other side started to close in.

Why? You started. Everything is closing in. My chest, clutching your chest at your shirt. it's burning. I can't breathe.

Struggling to breathe in this plain you started to walk slowly down the narrow hall. Placing your hand on one of the moving walls, you dragged yourself forward. The burning in your chest made your body tremble.

Suddenly a light emmited from the wall you touched with your hand. The light dimmed, as a image came in the light.

It was you. In the bedroom of your old penthouse. You sat on the bed, your eyes dim. The day was ending, as the sun set on you slumped into the headrest. The sight of you made your chest sink. In your hands you held a knife.

Sibyl stood on the floor at the foot of the bed. The fox was afraid to move, even with his teleportation you were faster. One wrong move, he might lose you.

"Y/N," the fox started. "please don't do this. It wasn't your fault. We didn't anticipate he might do that. Please don't go out like this."

Your eyes that were staring off into space, shifted down towards the knife in your hands. "I shouldn't have been so stupid. I thought he could change, but I'm an idiot." You started to tear up, as droplets rolled down your face. "Then his dad . . ." The height of your voice cracked in distress.

"They're both assholes," Sibyl said. "they'll get what they deserve. But please you need to hang in there."

"I can't," you started to shake your head. "I wanna see dad. Everything hurts!"

"Y/N put the knife down. I'll call your siblings, they can help you-"

"THEY LEFT ME!" You took the knife and laid it against your throat. Sibyl jolted up, and climbed onto the bed. "They left me! I know they didn't do it on purpose, but it still hurts."

"Y/N, you know that if I tell them, they'll be here in a heartbeat. Come on I'll call Astor, please. Put the knife down."

His voice echoed as the image faded away. You stood there frozen at the sight, suddenly your knees buckled and you fell to the floor. That's right. Maybe after three years, you would finally relieve yourself of this pain. As sad of a way it was to go, it would stop hurting. On the floor you laid down, letting the walls close in around you.

Suddenly you felt the walls, snug around your body vibrate, then in the what would be the dark sky, it shone blue, then pulsed as cerulean sparks slithered through the ceiling. The walls backed away, before closing in again.

I know that quirk, you thought. Uncle Ronan. He's trying to get me to wake up. Just leave me be.

The action repeated. Come on aking mahal. His voice echoed around you, before the sight replayed itself around you.