Family Gesture

Last day of internships. You would return to home early afternoon. Expecyingly, you stood in the kitchen making breakfast. Sibyl sat in a chair watching you move about the area finally plating the food.

You know you never did tell me why you enjoy cooking so much. Sibyl mentioned.

Nearly 8 years and you're asking me now? You wondered to the fox.

Oh shut up.

A giggle escaped your lips, as you moved a braid from you face, you started to remember. My father would cook a lot when we're younger, even though we had chefs for that. He preferred to make things with his own hands to make people smile. Food was a common smile jerker. I guess, when he died, there wasn't much of him for me to hold onto, being in the kitchen reminded me of him. Hence why I spend so much time here.

Sibyl huffed sadly. This past of yours I swear, it's already bad enough you can't sleep without drinking that nasty shit. Then your coping mechanism just makes your hobby sad.

It's the life I live unfortunately, you responded looking at your companion sadly. I guess I have to deal with it, as much as it hurts.

Tokoyami was the first to walk into the kitchen setting his bags down by his seat. Quickly fixing your face you flashed a smile.

"Morning Omo Ale." You said in a brighter tone.

"Good morning Y/N." He responded with an equally brighter tone. You handed him his plate as Hawks walked in.

"Hello my Baby birds." The male said joyfully smiling at you too.

Tokoyami sucked his teeth in annoyance while you laughed. "Morning Hawks, here you go."

"My favorite combo," he gasped in excitement

"My favorite combo," he gasped in excitement. "You are an angel." Hawks took his plate, and sat next to Tokoyami.

As both males ate, you started to clean. "Y/N, come eat, I'll clean it up when you guys leave." Hawks said.

You shook your head. "Nah that wasn't how I was raised, I'll eat once I'm done."

"Ah, okay then." The male sighed in defeat.

Soon you were done with dishes, and started to eat your own food. Sibyl laid at your feet, on his back waving his feet in the air. Tokoyami brought in his plate and washed his dish, Hawks also brought his plate.

In a few minutes the two of you got into a car with a driver. Hawks stood outside the car looking into the window.

"Our time together was fun but alas," he said dramatically. "Tis time we departed."

"Thank god." Tokoyami said exasperated.

You responded with laughter. "Thanks for making it fun Hawks Sensei."