Date Night

The blonde laughed quietly as the owner led you to a table on the balcony with a table covered with a white table cloth rimmed with a blue print, and gold candles. A blank screened TV sat near the door.

"Please make yourselves comfortable, a waiter will come shortly to take your order." He said as he left and the two of you sat down.

"Speaking of your hero work, did you ever come up with a name?" You asked as Katsuki picked up the menu.

The blonde shook his head. "No, I do have some ideas tho." He responded looking off in thought.

"Can you tell me first when you have a good idea?" You asked with a hint of excitement.

"Yeah whatever." Katsuki agreed with a slight blush.

You smiled to yourself and looked over at the glass door separating your table from the inside. There you saw a little girl with whom you assumed to be her mother. She talked to her mindlessly as the woman listened to her every word intensely. A pit grew in your chest at the sight. The feeling familiar with jealousy and regret.

"Hey Puppy," you called still looking at the pair, the blonde looked up at you curious. "remember when Sibyl was ranting about my life when I was asleep? He mentioned the bitch who abused me."

"Yeah?" Katsuki responded confused by the topic brought up.

"Turns out she isn't my mother, and my real one is alive somewhere." You said finally turning to him with his face riddled with shock.

"What? What the fuck do you mean she's not your hag?" He asked. "Who the fuck am I killing then?"

"A stranger, as far as we know at least." You said back.

He stayed quiet not knowing what to say, before looking up at you. What he would presume to be good news didn't seem to make you happy.

"So what's wrong now?" He asked. "You don't seem happy knowing that bitch isn't your mom."

"I'm not upset about it," you responded. "but I'm not trying to get my hopes up."

"Why not? Your old hag probably misses you, and she's probably pissed as hell at the bitch who hurt you."

"But what if she's not even alive?" You blurted out making the blonde silence. "When I was asleep I saw my dad. Honestly I thought I was dead, he told me she wasn't my mother. Believe me I was happy, but he also said that she was in trouble. Between then and now my siblings won't let me find her."

"Why the fuck wouldn't they let you do that?"

You shrugged your shoulders shaking your head. "They're afraid I'll run into her, the lady who pretended to be my mother. They don't want me to explode on her I guess." Katsuki sucked his teeth at the answer. "I'm just afraid that we're either too late, or she won't be what I expected."

Katsuki scoffed at your words. "If she wasn't shit then why would your old man make it a point that she needs to be saved?" You clutched your hands taking in his words. "That's good news why the hell can't you accept it?"

"If you haven't noticed not a lot of good stuff has come my way." You retorted with a hint of anger.

"So I'm not good?" He asked as you choked at his response.

"N-no I mean, you're different." You responded quietly. "As of late you're one of the few things that have gone right for me. But even so, I'm just . . . being careful."

"You're being too careful," Katsuki responded looking back at the menu. "you got good news, from your old man. From what I know he was a great guy, he knows how to read people. Like your dumbass," he looked back up at you. "if your old man thinks she's special enough to be saved then she's good. Stop worrying so much." You fidgeted with the empty glass on the table. "Is that the shit you wanted to talk to me about?"