Birds of a Feather

The smooth coolness of the winds kissed your cheeks, as glided through the courtyard carried by your pearl white wings. Looking down the grin of your father was the brightest on the world. Your 4 year old mind saw the world as pure, and it would be possible to touch the sky.

Finally you landed on the ground, hopping a few times as you were still a novice. You ran towards your father the wings still fluttering in your back. The gaze Silvestor gave to your direction was full of wonder and love.

For the fix of feathers on your back, made you look like an angel. The truest of your family of fallen dieties, and it is with those wings, you were to fly higher than the birds of heaven.

~~~~~~~~~

Bobbing your head to the hip hop in your ear, the train ride was quiet. Sibyl sat in your lap as you stroked his fur fondly. Your encounter with Stain was put to the back of your mind, but you worried for his ideology.

Thoughts similar to his have been circulating among villains more often as of late. Villains who'll want to put this into action might get bold and act a fool. Maybe you should've gone as Cauchemar, but no, you abandoned that life. You promised not to look back also.

Ugh. This damn hero complex is screwing with my fucking head. You thought begrudgingly.

It can't be that bad Y/N. Sibyl said to you.

At first my job was easier, if there was a bad guy slit his throat. But as hero the shits a fucking 'last resort'. Cuz apparently there's a chance the mothfucker can be saved. Turning your gaze, you looked out the window. You watched the happy people with their lovers, children and friends. But that isn't always the case.

Sibyl looked off at your statement. He knew it was true, the fact that people could be of salvation. It hurts for other people when others can't be 'cured', but there wasn't always a way to be saved. Look Y/N, I know the way they think, isn't how you survived. But, you were confident in thinking that Endeavor could do better.

That's because I know him personally, we're talking about people whose probably gone through years of trauma and injustice. Or maybe they're just twisted in the head. But the heroes would never know that.

C'mon now, you know humans. You're a race built on hope. It's basically the one thing that keeps y'all going, and once you've lost it, you break down. So you can't blame them for putting hope in the people they've lost.

He was right, you all were driven by hope, even when it was placed in the wrong.

You shook off the thought, as you looked forward to your time with Hawks and Tokoyami. You knew little about the bird headed male, other than his quirk, and his unusual interest in your family's stories. Maybe you were to find out why in these last two days.

The movement of the train came to a stop as you slightly jolted in your seat. You lifted up your purse and duffle bag, as you and Sibyl left the train. Looking around the area you searched for the male among the crowd of people.

"Y/N." Said a voice to your left. Turning your head you saw Tokoyami approaching you with a wave.

"Hey there Tokoyami." You said happily.