Chapter 7

---Quinn’s POV---

I inhale sharply and immediately regret it. Why does it hurt so much?

And then I remember.

I was on my way to the hospital in the back of the ambulance when I blacked out. But Kelly looked so worried. I open my eyes and see him sitting in the chair in the corner. He’s watching me so I give him a small wave. He immediately stands and moves into the chair by my bed. He grabs my hand and says, “How’re you feeling? You’re awfully pale.”

“I’m fine Kelly. Just hurts to move and breathe that’s all.”

He laughs at my comment. We sit there in silence for a few minutes but then Kelly catches me off guard by saying, “I was so worried about you. I haven’t really left this room since you got out of surgery. Chief says it’s alright because he knew that you’d want someone to be here when you woke up because he’s trying to get your family here but…”

I cut him off by throwing a plastic cup at him. He picks it up and says, “What the hell was that for?”

“To shut you up. Kelly, I’m happy that you were the person I woke up to, not my parents and brothers. It shows that you care about me as much as I care about you because I would do the exact same thing. Do you want to know what I remember right before I blacked out?”

He nods so I say, “Your scent. Your touch. Your sound. The taste of your sweat dripping on my lips. The look of worry all over your face. I remember you Kelly.”

He smiles and says, “Can I guess that you like me in the way that I like you?”

“If you were to guess that you’d guess correctly.”

He smiles and tightens his grip on my hand. Then he says, “Quinn when I walked into Bodan’s office my heart very literally stopped for a moment. I couldn’t believe how beautiful you were. And when you shared your story with me I knew I wanted to be with you. Any girl who can make it through hell and back can certainly handle being with me, as I’m not good with relationships, but for us I’m positive it’ll be a breeze. I just have a good feeling about us. Would you like to try being my girlfriend?”

I smile at his kind words. Then I say, “Yes. That’s the most stupid question you could’ve possibly asked me.”

  He laughs and kisses my hand. Just as he sets it down my family walks in. I sigh as they all take a seat by the bed. I turn to them and say, “Everyone this is my boyfriend Kelly. Kelly, this is my Mom Emilie, my Dad Alexander, my oldest brother Luc, and my older brother Pierre. If you can’t already tell, we’re French.”

“I gathered. Nice to meet you all. What do you all do for a living?”

They go in order of how I announced them and say, “I’m a nurse.”

“I used to be in the military but now I do a lot of volunteer work after being injured.”

“I’m a doctor.”

“And I’m a police officer.”

Kelly smiles and I say, “They all live in Montreal, but I decided to move to Boston after I finished my squad training. The training is better in Canada so I was over qualified in Boston.”

“So you’re Canadian?”

“Yes. I have a dual citizenship.”

“Can you speak French?”

“It’s my first language, but once I got to school I took everything in English because I’ve always wanted to be a firefighter.”

We continue talking with each other until Kelly says he should run. He gives me a kiss on the forehead and exits.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kinda bad I know but I ship Keluin! Okay, maybe not the best ship name, but if you have a suggestion please comment! First person to comment a ship name gets the next chapter dedicated to them!

Alright so thank you so much for 474 reads in just two days! That's exactly 122 reads! I am so happily shocked! Thanks for everything! -Becca