Chapter 21

When I take a seat at the squad table everyone looks at Kelly and me. We give them the thumbs up and Kelly says, "He's all settled in. Scared the crap out of his old adopters too." 

Everyone laughs and then truck walks in. Just then Chief comes out of the doors. He asks for me to join him so I follow him to his office. I tell him all about Jake and then he says, "Very good. I'm happy for you and Severide."

 I thank him and go back out to the main area. When I arrive everyone is yelling and it looks like Kelly is about to strangle Otis. I step in the middle of it all and say, "Enough! Truck, go inside. Squad, go to the table. Kelly, you and me, outside right now."

 Everyone goes where I told them to and I follow Kelly outside. When we get there I say, "What the hell was that?!"

 "Otis thinks that Rice is ducking from calls and Casey isn't here to keep his men in line so I had to take matters into my own hands!"

 "Kelly you aren't their lieutenant. You need to calm down. If you think that Rice isn't ducking you need to prove that but taking it out on truck is not the solution." 

"But someone needs to stand up for Rice!"

 "Look, I get that you guys go way back but strangling Otis is definitely not the solution. If you prove that Rice isn't ducking then you'll be standing up for him in the best way possible. Jake's second suicide attempt is probably taking a toll on everyone's stress levels so they need a role model. Be that role model Kelly."

 He nods so we share a quick kiss and go back inside. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay!! I'm back from vacation which makes me so happy!! I miss writing!!

Anyway, thank you guys so much for 6.3 K! I swear every time I look the numbers keep going up an insane amount which is just phenomenal you guys!! Thank so much!

So sorry for the boring chapter but I promise that the next is way better. -Becca