Chapter 34

---Kelly's POV---

I finally muster the courage and energy to leave Quinn's hospital room. Casey stopped by and gave me my change of clothes and car which was nice of him, but all I can think about is Quinn. I'm going to lose her and there's nothing I can do about it. It just plain hurts.

 I exit the hospital and quickly find my car in the nearly empty lot. I start it and drive home as quick as I can. When I walk through the door of the apartment I hear Jake running down the stairs and then he says, "Kelly, Quinn, I have something to tell you guys!" 

When he gets to the door and sees just me he gets a confused look on his face and then says, "Where's Quinn?"

I pull Jake into my arms and break down crying. We stand like that for a minute or two put then Jake pulls out of my embrace and drags me over to the couch. We both sit down and then he says, "Kelly, where's Quinn?"

 I take a deep breath and say, "At the hospital. We were in a fire today and she got hurt really bad. She has less than a one percent chance to live. I'm so sorry Jake."

 A few tears slide down his cheeks and then he says, "Can I visit her by myself in the morning?"

 I nod and say, "So what were you going to tell me?" 

"I'll just wait and tell you both at the same time." 

"You're not going to get that chance Jake. She's going to die and it'll just be us. I'm sorry."

 "She has to live Kelly. She has to. She can't just leave us like that." 

I nod and then we both go upstairs. We go into our separate bedrooms and I begin getting ready for bed even though I know that last thing I'll be able to do right now is sleep. Not with her half of the bed empty.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm almost crying right now and I'm the one who wrote this. I'm sorry for putting you all through this but I hope you enjoyed it! Have a good weekend!

Oh and just a side note, but I have a new Jay Halstead fanfic. If you guys are interested please check it out! It's called "Gunshots in the Night". -Becca