Chapter 42

I smile as Jake enters my room. He grins widely when he sees me sitting up in the bed. He takes a seat beside me and then I say, "So I hear that you've been through quite the ordeal."

He chuckles and says, "Definitely. Did Kelly tell you about Kylie?"

I shake my head so he says, "Oh that's right. I didn't tell him at all. I'll wait till he's back then so that I can tell both of you."

I nod and not even 30 seconds later Kelly walks in with normal human food from the vending machines. I quickly dive into it while Jake catches Kelly up on our conversation. After he's all caught up Jake says, "Basically, Kylie is a girl I talked down from her suicide on the day Quinn got hurt. Since then we've been the closest of friends. I told myself that when Quinn woke up I'd ask her to be my girlfriend. I realize that we're only 16 but it just feels right. Anyway, I asked her today and she said yes."

We sit in silence for a few moments until Kelly slaps Jake on the back and says, "Good for you Jake. That takes an insane amount of courage, and I would know." He says that last part while motioning at me which causes us all to laugh.

I give Jake a warm smile and then say, "When do we get to meet her?"

"Soon, I promise."

I nod and then say, "Has Kelly told you mine and his big news?"

"Of course. That's the first thing Kelly told me when he walked in the door this morning. He didn't even say that you were awake, just that you two were engaged."

We all laugh and then Jake says, "Besides, I already knew that he had the ring."

I scoff slightly and say, "So I was the only one who had no idea."

Kelly and Jake lock eyes and then say in unison, "That's the point Quinn!"

We all have a good laugh at that one and then we continue our conversation.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Thank you all so much for 34 300 reads! I hope that you all have a great weekend! -Becca