Chapter 39

---Kelly's POV---

I roll over for the millionth time and look at the clock. It reads midnight. I sit up and flick on my bedside lamp. I then look at Quinn's half of the bed and sigh.

I get out of the bed and put on my running shorts, t-shirt, hoodie, and socks. I then go downstairs and put on my running shoes. I grab the apartment keys and my phone and then walk out of the door. I lock it behind me and then walk downstairs to street level. I walk out the door and then make sure that I have Quinn's ring in my pocket. When I know that I do I pick up a light jog. I don't go and visit her without the ring, just in case she's awake when I get there.

It's been two weeks since the accident and my hopes are starting to diminish. She's been at a 30% chance of living for the past week which is starting to worry me because she was going up at such a steady rate.

After a few minutes I make it to the hospital and go in through the ER since those are the only doors open at this time. The nurse at the desk doesn't even look up when I enter so I quickly run past her and over to the elevators. I then go up the burn unit. When I arrive I see a group of doctors and nurses standing outside of Quinn's door, talking hurriedly. I gulp and stand rooted in place. She has to be dead. If she was alive they wouldn't put off telling me.

I stand there with tears running down my cheeks. A doctor then notices me there and walks over to me as the others go their separate ways. When he's directly in front of me he says, "Kelly Severide?"

I nod and he says, "I know that you're probably thinking the worst right now but you can shut those thoughts away. She woke up 10 minutes ago and is doing fantastic."

I have a shaky sigh of relief and quickly bolt into her room.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all for 27.2 K reads! Have a good weekend! -Becca