Chapter 53

I sigh as I take a seat at the squad table. It's been a few weeks since we got the news that Kelly, Jake, and I were being targeted by arson and so far they have no leads as to who it might be. We've tried our best to help as much as possible but nothing is working. To be completely honest, I'm starting to think that we won't be getting an answer.

I'm pulled from my thoughts when Cruz says, "Where's Severide?"

I look at Kelly's spot and sure enough, he's not there. I shrug and say, "He should be here by now. All he had to do was drop Jake off at school."

Everyone nods and continues to do their own thing. An hour goes by and I get even more worried. There no way that Kelly shouldn't be here by now. I'm grab my phone and I'm about to call him when he comes bursting through the doors. I give him a very concerned look and he says, "I had to run here. You remember Jenny and Mark?"

"Of course I do Kelly, they essentially tortured our son, but what do they have to do with anything?!"

Kelly takes a second to catch his breath and then says, "They tried to kidnap me! They also admitted to being the ones who set the fires. Mark started running after me and I only just lost him a few blocks ago. They're insane!"

I stand there in shock for a few moments and then I say, "We need to tell Boden."

Kelly nods and we go to his office. We're quick to replay the events to him and then Boden says, "I'm calling Chief Mahone immediately. Neither of you are going out on a call until he gives his permission, understood?"

Kelly and I both nod and then return to the common area.

---------------------------------

Hey guys! Sorry that it's been so long but thank you for 61 500 reads!

So I think I'm finally getting over this cold as I'm on antibiotics and an inhaler so because of that it shouldn't be as long until my next update. I think I've also established a better system for updating so that should help!

Also, only three more chapters left! Ahhhh! I'll be typing the other three today and possibly updating them but we'll see. I can't believe it's almost over!

Thank you all for being so patient and I hope that you all have a great weekend! -Becca