Chapter 10

I climb out of bed and go to my closet. It’s been a month since I got out of the hospital but apparently my ribs are steal healing and I can’t be cleared for work.

So to stay in shape for when I can return I go on a run every morning. I put on my shorts, squad shirt from Boston, and navy blue hoodie. I also slip on my ankle socks. When I exit the bathroom I see Kelly propped up on one elbow in bed. When he sees that I’m about to leave for my run he quickly throws on his stuff and we head downstairs together. We eat quickly and then we throw on our shoes and leave. We decide to walk to the pier and then walk along there. When we arrive we pick up a steady jog.

Then I say, “So how is everyone at 51?”

“Good. We all miss you. It’s just not the same without you.”

“Are you sure that’s not just your opinion?”

“Yes. The girls miss you a whole lot though.”

I nod as we keep running. Very soon we’re back at the apartment. Kelly showers quickly and heads to work. I then hop in and shower very fast. I then throw on a plain blue t-shirt and jeans. Then I throw my wallet, keys, and the cookies that I made yesterday into my backpack. Then I leave the apartment.

When I walk through the doors at 51 I’m greeted with cheers. I smile as Kelly wraps his arm around me and kisses my cheek. I go into the kitchen and pull the cookies out of my back pack. When I set them down everybody swarms towards them and they’re gone within minutes. Luckily Chief came in just in time to get the last one.

We all chat for a bit and then Chief says, “When are you coming back?”

“Not for at least another month. We’re still waiting for my ribs to heal completely.”

He nods and then the buzzer goes. Kelly gives me a quick kiss as they rush out to the trucks. I grab my bag and begin the walk home. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks so much for 1.2 K! You guyts are the best!

So this was a boring chapter but the next few will be much better, I assure you!

Please vote/comment/share! -Becca