Chapter 51

I smile as Kelly and I walk up to the firehouse hand in hand. Our honeymoon was fantastic but I'm happy to be back in Chicago. I missed Jake and I also surprisingly missed work.

When we walk in everyone crowds around us and Hermann says, "Well, look at who finally decided to show up! It's the fabled Severide's!"

Kelly and I both chuckle and then Cruz walks up to me with a turn-out jacket in his hands. He hands it to me and says, "This is yours. Came in for you yesterday."

I thank him and unfold it. I look at the name on the bottom. Severide. I'm still in disbelief that I'm actually married to Kelly and that our last names are now the same. I smile at him and then everyone disperses. I go and hang up my jacket on the truck and grab my old one. I then go to Chief's office. When I arrive he smiles and says, "Good to have you back Quinn. How was the honeymoon?"

"It was amazing, thank you."

He smiles and then spots the jacket in my hands. He motions to it and says, "Is that your old one?"

I nod and reply, "Would it be alright if I kept it Chief?"

"Of course. If you want it, it's yours."

I thank him and exit his office. I then go to my locker and put my old jacket away. I then notice that the piece of tape on my locker still says, 'Cole'. I quickly rip it off and on a new piece of tape write, 'Severide #2'. I put it on my locker and then go out to the main area. Just as I sit down we get a call of a car fire. We all rush to suit up and are soon heading out.

-----------------------------

Hey guys! Thanks for being patient and for 52 600 reads!

Sorry for such a boring and filler chapter but I promise that the next one gets better. Also, only five chapters till the end of the book! I'm really sad to see it ending so soon but I'm super excited for the next book, which I've already started writing! I hope everyone loves that one as much as they've loved this one.

Also, I got my laptop issues all figured out but just in case I have also put my stories on a USB key so that if I can't get onto my laptop I can still update. -Becca