Chapter 40

---Quinn's POV---

          I look up as I hear someone skid to a halt at my door. A smile spreads across my face when I see Kelly standing there with a wide smile and tears streaming down his face.

          He walks over to me and leans down. He cups my face with his hands and we share a passionate kiss. When we pull apart I wipe his tears away and then he says, "I thought that I'd never get to do that again."

          I smile and say, "I'm never going to leave you Kelly. You and I both found the one we want to be with for the rest of our lives. I can't afford to leave you now."

          He nods and then says, "Quinn, you pretty much summed up my whole speech in a single sentence. You make my life easier without even knowing it."

          I give him a puzzled look but he simply gets down on one knee and pops open a black ring box. I gasp as he says, "Quinn, will you marry me?"

          I nod so he slides the silver, diamond incrusted band with a larger diamond in the middle on my finger. I throw my arms around his neck and he hugs me back. When we pull apart he pulls up a chair and then I say, "So what has happened since my oxygen mask popped off?"

          He chuckles and says, "You better get comfy because it was a crazy two weeks."

          He tells me everything and when he finishes I say, "So what did headquarters say when you told them that the two fires could be linked by arson?"

          "They said that they'd send it over to arson investigation and let us know what they found, but it would probably be a while since it is just a theory."

          I nod and then Kelly crawls into the bed beside me and we fall asleep cuddling.

---------------------------------------------

Thank you all for 28, 700 reads! I can't believe that I have that many and it has only been a little over a year. You're all awesome! And Quinn is awake so yay! I honestly don't think I could've written her out, even if that was the plan! -Becca