Chapter 9

I throw my legs over the edge of the bed and stand up. Finally, after spending 2 weeks in this hell hole called a hospital, I get to go home.

Kelly hands me my t-shirt and shorts and turns around while I change. Once that’s done I sit in the wheelchair that’s situated at my door. I’m sure that I can walk down to the main entrance but apparently it’s ‘hospital protocol’ that I have to be wheeled out.

Kelly gently places my duffel bag on my lap as we head out. When we make it outside I inhale deeply. Fresh air has never smelled so good. I stand up and Kelly takes the chair back inside. Then we join hands and walk to his car. He helps me in and then we start the drive to my apartment. Once we unlock the door I rush inside and plop down on the couch. Kelly laughs as he sets my bag down. He sits down on the couch and wraps his arm around me. Then I notice that there are some things on my bookshelf, like a stack of CD’s and a camcorder, that don’t belong to me. I point to the shelf and say, “Are those yours?”

“Yeah.”

“Why are they here then?”

“Because I decided that you need someone to be here while you recover. And after to keep you company. So, I hope you don’t mind, but we live together now.”

I laugh and say, “This will be nice. I’ve never lived with my significant other before. Peter and I were about to move in together when the fire happened.”

Kelly nods and holds me a bit tighter. We watch TV for a bit before he gets up and starts making supper. When it’s finished I savour the delicious meal that isn’t hospital goop.

After being lazy for another few hours Kelly and I decide to go to bed since he works tomorrow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, I'm sorry that was really bad. :(

Anyway, thanks so much for 968 reads! Let's get it to 1000!

Please vote/comment/share! Also, could you please check out my other stories? Thanks! -Becca :)