Chapter 17

Jake and I walk out of the child services building alongside his new adopted parents Jenny and Mark. They're the perfect fit for him and I'm so excited and happy for him. I watched them sign the papers moments ago, Jake beaming the whole time. I will admit that I'm sad to see him go but he'll do so much better knowing that he has a permanent home. 

Jake and I get into the car and then we go back to the apartment. The 4 of us quickly pack up Jake's stuff. When we're all finished I give Jake one last hug and then pull a gift out from behind the TV. He opens it quickly and inside is a picture of him, Kelly, and me a few weeks after he came to us and a new video game he's been talking about a lot. He smiles and says, "Thanks Quinn. I'll miss you guys." 

"We'll miss you too."

 With that they exit the apartment. I sink down onto the couch and not even 2 seconds later the phone rings. I pick it up and Kelly says, "I'm being discharged. Can you come pick me up?" 

"For sure. Be right there."

 With that I hang up and go down to the car. When I arrive I see Kelly sitting on a bench outside. He opens the door and climbs in. As I pull away he says, "I'm free!"

 I laugh and say, "It's good to have you back Kelly." 

He kisses my cheek and I smile. When we finally make it home the very first thing we do is cuddle on the couch. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you guys so much for 3.8 K reads!! It means so much to me!

So I'm having a cover design contest for all of my stories that are not yet completed as I don't like the ones that I have. There are only a couple of rules!

1. There must be a picture tied to the story. So for this one you could have a fire truck or flames.

2. The title must be on there.

Other than that, the rest is up to you! Please DM your covers to the Instagram: dyrectioner5 or the Twitter: ballet_bball17 ! Contest closes on July 22nd! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with!! Good luck!! -Becca