Chapter 47

When Kelly and I arrive home after our shift we immediately head to the dining room where we have all of our materials for the wedding preparation set up. Our wedding is only a week away now so we're starting to be tight on time. Since our wedding is at the firehouse we can't take anything there or set anything up until the day of. Headquarters agreed that for the day we can shut down the firehouse which is so kind of them.

We plan to have the ceremony outside in the driveway with the trucks on the side and the chairs creating an aisle. Of course if the weather is poor we'll be moving the ceremony inside onto the apparatus floor. The reception will be inside on the apparatus floor regardless of weather. As we get closer to the date I can't help but get more and more excited. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, but I'm mostly just excited.

Today Kelly and I are working on the table centrepieces, which so far have turned out quite nice. We quickly take a seat at the table and begin to place flowers, candles, and water into a slender vase. The flowers sit under the water while the candles float on top.

Once we get into the familiar rhythm of making the centrepieces Kelly says, "I can't believe I actually get to marry you."

I laugh slightly and say, "Why is that?"

He glances over at me and says, "I thought I was going to lose you nine months ago. I never thought I'd get to tell you I loved you again let alone marry you. You're my everything Quinn and I'm so thankful that I have you in my life."

I plant a soft kiss on his lips and say, "I'd never even think of leaving you Kelly. I need you just as much as you need me."

He smiles and then we continue to work on the centrepieces.

-------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Tank you so much for 41 400 reads! Also, thank you for being patient waiting for an update. I couldn't write while I was on the pain meds as they made me tired so it took longer to update than I expected. You guys are fantastic! -Becca