Chapter 46

I change into some fresh clothes and head out to the main area where Dawson, Chillie, and Brett are waiting for me. I've been back at work for a few weeks now and it's been really good.

Today I'm going dress shopping with the girls. We already got their dresses which are so beautiful but now I'm anxious to get mine. I really want to find one that I love but I've put it off till the last minute because of my burns. I know that they're a part of me but I'm still self-conscious about them. I'm scared of what people will think of me if they see a bride with scars.

I feel Dawson shove me lightly and say, "How about you stop daydreaming about the dress and then we can all go and find you one?"

I chuckle and then we all go outside to our cars. I hop into Dawson's car with her so that Kelly has a way to get home.

We soon arrive at the dress shop and quickly rush inside. I quickly find a few dresses that will cover my burns and begin trying them on. After I've tried on and shown the girls a few that I don't like Brett says, "Quinn, as your bridesmaids..."

Dawson then jumps in and says, "And maid of honour."

Brett nods and says, "Yes. Quinn, as your bridesmaids and maid of honour, you know that we love you and respect what you want. We want you to find a dress that you're comfortable in but we also want you to be happy. All three of us can see that you don't like the dresses that cover your burns so don't try to hide them."

The girls all nod but I think Dawson can tell that I'm still uneasy about the whole matter so she says, "Those burns are just part of the job that we do. Not just anyone can go into a burning building to get a paycheck at the end of the month. Your wedding is two weeks away Quinn. As your maid of honour and best friend, I'm telling you that you deserve to find your dream dress in time."

I nod and describe to the woman helping me what I really want in a wedding dress. Several minutes later I'm walking out of the store with a beautiful white dress made of chiffon with a sweetheart neckline, silver sparkles along the neckline of the dress, and an interwoven pattern across the bodice.

I thank all of the girls for encouraging me to get the dress I really wanted and for helping me and then we go our separate ways. Dawson and I head over to her car and then she begins the drive to my apartment.

-----------------------------------------

Hey guys! Thank you all for 39 200 reads! I'll put a picture of Quinn's dress at the top of the chapter.

Just a heads up, but I get my wisdom teeth removed on Tuesday so I won't be updating for a bit after that. I promise that it won't be too long, but I'm pretty sure that it won't be anytime in the next week.

I hope that you all have a great week and thank you for being such amazing readers! -Becca