Chapter 29

I put in my last diamond earring and then head to my closet. I look through my dresses and finally pull a black knee length dress off of its hanger. I slip into it and then look at myself in the mirror. The dress really ties my look together as the lace on the top really adds that hint of 'wow'. I smile and grab my teal heels from my closet and then head downstairs. Today is mine and Kelly's 1 year dating anniversary so to celebrate we're going out for dinner at a really fancy restaurant.

When I arrive downstairs Kelly's draw very literally drops. I smile and slip on my shoes. He grabs my coat and helps me put it on and then opens the door. Before I know it we're seated at our table, tucked away in the corner of the restaurant. When our waitress comes we both order champagne and the chef's special. We chat about little nothings until the food comes and then we dig in. It is so good that words can't even describe it! We finish our food quickly and then as we wait for dessert I say, "So the lieutenant of the rescue squad over at 15 is resigning..."

Kelly nods so I say, "I'm applying for the position. I won't know if I'm the lieutenant for probably the next 2 months but I wanted to let you know in advance."

"No."

"No what?"

"I won't let you go. Your place is a 51 and that's where you're staying."

"Kelly, I didn't tell you so that you could give me permission. It's already done. I will not let you be the controlling boyfriend who tells me what I can and can't do!"

"Quinn, you are not leaving! I won't be able to keep an eye on you if you do!"

"Since when did this become the Severide Show?!" I say as I stand up.

I grab my things and exit the restaurant quickly. I then hail a cab and hop in.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you guys for 14.2 K reads! I hope you all had a good holiday break! -Becca