Chapter 16

I jerk awake when the buzzer goes. I sigh as I slip on my shoes and run out to the truck. Nothing is worse as a firefighter than being woken up by a call because you're tired and you have to put your life at risk. Not a good combo.

We're soon all loaded up and headed to the sight of the crash. I turn on the AC to hopefully wake us up faster. Luckily though when we arrive all we have to do is pry open a car door and make sure that no one is hurt. Definitely the best kind of call to have at 2 in the morning.

When we arrive back at the firehouse everyone is quick to get back to bed.

—-In the Morning—-

"I'm home!"

Jake comes bounding down the stairs and says, "I just want 2 o'clock to come already!"

I nod and say, "Well to pass time I guess we'll have to go and visit Kelly."

He laughs as we go out to the car. When we arrive he leads me to Kelly's room. When we walk in his face lights up. I give him a kiss on the forehead and then say, "You scared the crap out of me Kelly."

"I don't even remember what I did. A doctor told me but my own memories aren't there."

"Well there's nothing we can do about that. I'm just relieved that you're okay."

He nods and then Jake tells him all about how he may be adopted soon. The whole time Kelly and I smile. He's so happy to hopefully have a loving home. I'll miss him a ton but I'm so happy for him. He deserves this more than he knows.

After visiting for a few hours Jake and I leave to go for lunch. We have a really nice conversation and then we decide to walk along the waterfront to pass the time before we go meet his potential new parents. Before I know it, it's time to head over. Jake is practically bouncing in his seat he's so excited.

———————————————————-

Thank you guys so much for 3.2K reads! I am so so happy about that!!

So I have a new Niall Horan fanfic and if you guys are interested can you please go check it out? It only has one read and I'd like to get more.

I also have a whole ton of other fanfics if that one doesn't interest you. Please go check them out! I also have a Chicago P.D. fanfic... ;) -Becca