Chapter 52

When we arrive back at the firehouse we're all quick to go and wash up. When I go back out to the common room Chief walks up to me and says, "Can you please find Kelly and meet me in my office?"

I nod and am about to ask him why when he walks away. I shake my head, knowing that if Chief wants to see both of us it can't be good, and then go out to the squad table. I go over to Kelly and say, "Chief wants to see the two of us in his office."

He nods and stands up. He grabs my hand and then we go inside. Once we can see Chief's office we drop hands as we spot someone from headquarters in there. When we enter Kelly closes the door behind us and then we both take a seat. Once we've done that Chief clears his throat and says, "This is Chief Mahone. He's the new head of the arson office. He wanted to speak with the two of you."

I nod so Mahone says, "First of all, congratulations on the marriage. That's a huge milestone."

Kelly thanks him and then Mahone continues. "The real reason I'm here is because we finally have enough evidence to conclude that the fire in Jake's classroom and the one that almost killed Quinn are linked by arson. It took some time but we know for sure now. As to whom the arsonist might be, we have no idea. We're going to begin looking in on that with some help from the CPD but in the meantime I'd be extra careful when responding to fires. You never know when they'll feel the need to strike again."

We both nod and then I say, "Thank you Chief Mahone. We'll be sure to have our guards up."

Kelly and I both shake hands with him and then he leaves. Kelly and I stay to talk about the whole thing with Boden for a few minutes and then we go back out to the squad table.

-----------------------------------

Hey guys! Thanks for 54 800 reads!

So Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians! I hope the weather is nicer wherever you are as it's currently snowing at my house.

Since it is my Thanksgiving I wanted to let you know how thankful I am for all of your guys' support. You're all what keeps me writing every day and I am so appreciative of all of your support and encouragement. -Becca