[2]

September twenty second, 1420

Daybreak. "Princess? Are you awake?" Luz knocked.

Amity sat up, "Now I am!" Amity got out of bed, rushing to her wardrobe. "Give me a few minutes!"

Luz drew back on her side of the door, a bit surprised. "I'll wait for you in the dining hall Princess."

Clothing, quilts, and lots of stuffed animals were tossed around the room as Amity prepared herself. Luz began her walk to the dining hall, then got spooked at a sudden door slamming. She looked back, Amity rushing towards her, sliding by the knight, linking her arm around Luz's.

The knight smiled softly, continuing the walk, "Excited aren't you?"

Amity nodded furiously, "Did my father say yes? Are we going out to the town again?"

Luz paused, "I'm..Not entirely sure Princess. The king has not spoken to me yet."

Amity whined, "He hasn't?? I told him to speak to you as soon as possible- I really am looking forward to going to the town again."

Luz glanced at Amity, then sighed, "I will see what I can do, hm?"

"Mhm!"

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Luz was exhausted during the walk, even Amity noticed! It was that obvious Luz was tired. "Are you okay, do you want to sit down?" Amity asked.

"N-No it's fine- We're here for you Princess, I'm just following orders-"

Amity frowned, "Well right now your order is to rest, come on let's sit."

Luz shakily sighed in relief, sitting at the bench, slouching. "Thank you Princess.."

"What happened?" Amity asked, sitting by the knight.

Luz glanced at the princess, sighing again, "The king wanted me to go through a few trials..To prove I could protect you outside again.."

Amity took Luz's hand, squeezing it, and kissing her knuckles, "Thank you Luz, but we can return to the castle so you may rest. The stands will still be here tomorrow, they always are!"

Luz shook her head, "I know that..But you've been looking forward to this possibly your entire life! Don't let my pain effect your eagerness, let's go." Luz got back up, stretching out.

Amity nervously hummed, "Are you sure?"

Luz nodded, "Yes Princess, thank you for the offer though."

Amity got up, leading the way to next stand. Luz followed, Amity wanting to be quick, for Luz's sake.

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

"Wowee that was fun!" Amity sharply exhaled, walking in the castle. "Come on, let's go to my room so I can put this stuff away."

Luz nodded, pushing the little wheel barrow forward, "Did you really have to get more food on our way back through?" Luz questioned, waving a guard over.

He grabbed one end of the barrow, helping Luz go upstairs. "Don't you underestimate my need to eat." Amity muttered.

Luz thanked the guard once they reached the top, pushing the barrow forward. "I didn't underestimate you Princess, I was just curious."

Amity opened her room door, letting Luz go in first before entering. "You can rest on my bed Luz, I know how tired you are. I'll put everything away."

A muffled thud followed her words, the princess looking over at her bed, Luz already laying down, her sword by her side. Amity closed her door, returning to the wheelbarrow, taking out the foods first. "I must have this for dinner later." Amity told herself, placing the sandwich down.

Luz shuffled on the bed, sighing sharply, "Want to sleep so bad..But I have to get back to training..!"

"I'll excuse you from it today, I already told you to rest."

Luz looked over, "Princess, that still has the casing over it."

Amity removed the paper, taking a bite of her sandwich. "That must be the reason it tasted so papery."

"Princess- Don't tell me you've been-" Luz got up, going over to Amity and forcing open her mouth. "Princess spit that out!!"

"Gwhat?" Amity asked with a mouth full of delicious food and paper.

"Spit out the paper! Don't make me take it out myself-"

"Gwuh?"

"Stick out your tounge Princess."

"Gwuhhyy."

"Princess-"

Amity stuck her tounge out, Luz taking off the paper, pulling back, "I wish you'd be more careful!" Luz shuddered, going over to the empty box, tossing the paper in.

"It added flavor!" Amity exclaimed, swallowing her sandwich. "I liked it.."

"Yes but was it good for you? I think not! Amity! Stop eating! Dinner is in a few minutes!" Luz rushed over, taking the sandwich.

"But I haven't even eaten lunch! Oh Luz! Please! One more bite!"

The knight scoffed, "One more bite? You'll eat the rest in one bite! You're like- A-A duster! You keep all the dust inside til someone says there's more and you take more dust!"

"Gross!"

"Dust as in food Princess!"

Amity whined, trying to take her unfinished sandwich back. "Luz just give it! I'm giving you a order!"

"I'm not to follow your orders unless we are outside!"

Amity jumped, snatching her meal, rushing to her bed. "It's mine!"

Luz pulled her sword out, stabbing the sandwich and pulling back, "It is not yours and will not be until you have eaten dinner." Luz hissed.

Amity pouted, crossing her arms. "You are now my least favorite knight."

A bell rung, the knight and princess perking up. "There's the bell. Let's go Princess."

"You go first."

"I know you'll rush to close the door and eat everything, go."

Amity grumbled, stomping towards the door, opening it and walking out. "You're no fun!"

"Thank you Princess, I take that as a compliment actually!"

"You're insufferable!!"

"Thank you!"

Amity groaned and let out a sharp huff, Luz getting the sandwich off her sword, taking a bite out of it. She walked out, wiping her mouth, "Can see why she likes it so much."

Tis the adventure continues.