[50]

November twenty-eighth, fourteen twenty, twenty-six days later.

"Hey, Hunter?" Luz looked down at her notes, patting him. "What does this mean?"

He looked over, adjusting his causal wear, "You're off for the weekend." He said. "I'm off to grab a beer, want to tag along?"

"I'm not allowed beer til my papers come in." She sighed.

"Right. You can join me on the streets then, you seem to be quite the charmer." He grinned.

"I just happen to look like a guy." Luz felt her shortened hair. "Belos suggested it.."

"Shaving it at the sides did make you look more masculine I admit." He waved her along. "Yet you continue to keep it brushed forward, why not try back?"

"I did, I looked like Paco."

"He's a horse, Luz."

"Still looked like Paco."

"Uh, Head Guard Luz?" A guard stepped forward, paper in hand.

Hunter and Luz perked, "Yes?"

He gulped, offering the paper, "We found these o-outside? They speak of you.."

Luz took the news article, skimming over the cover before finding her name. "Luz Noceda was banished-" Luz sighed. "I get I was banished, I don't need reminding. Take it away, thank you for showing me anyways."

She handed it back, walking past the guard with Hunter. "B-But-"

"Thank you."

He looked to the report, ears drooping, "They're looking for you.." He whispered.

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Luz had recieved her new papers when she walked outside and happily went to grab a drink with Hunter. "I have to visit a little village soon, want to tag along?" Luz asked, thanking the bartender for her second beer.

"I'm only off three days of the month and you pick now??" Hunter looked to her, baffled. "I'm only on my third drink, Luz."

She snickered, "It'll be quick. Paco needs a good run once in awhile."

"I convinced Belos not to take control of you, and you're hitting me with this."

"Don't be a wuss Hunter." Luz took a sharp breath, downing her second beer, pulling money out. "That's all for today, thanks Mate."

The bartender tipped his hat, taking her snails and glass, stomping off. "Oh fine, let me finish my drink and we'll head off.."

. . .

Paco whinnied, jumping over fences and stumps, letting out a happy roar when he finally had a new road to explore. Til Luz guided him a different direction and pouted, perking when he recognized it. Hunter's mare caught up, bumping Paco roughly and trotting ahead.

Luz pat his side, nodding to the mare, "Are you going to let her do that?"

Paco huffed, shaking his head and picking up the pace, passing the mare. They arrived four hours early.

Parvati was the first to notice Luz, dropping her basket of seedlings and running over. Luz slid off of Paco in time, catching Parvati in her arms, "I did as instructed, I've found a new place to call my own." Luz smiled. "I've come to check up on you."

Paco nuzzled Parvati, squealing softly, "I was so worried--" Parvati sniffled. "I'm so glad you're okay!"

"Me too," Luz squeezed the witch. "I'm staying for the night, if you'll have me?"