[16]

September thirty-sixth, fourteen twenty.

Luz slept with Amity that night in the carriage as this time Luz prepared the larger one. Lining the doors and windows with rowan flowers, the two slept peacefully that night in eachothers arms. But as always, Luz woke up first.

She quietly readied herself, allowing herself a few extra minutes to move Amity's hair back repeatedly, but out of autoriding, she kissed her cheek. Pausing for a second, Luz placed another gentle kiss on Amity's cheek. She didn't have to write this in her report if Amity didn't know this had happened, right?

Luz smiled softly, kissing Amity's head as she stood, walking to the door. She opened it, taking her sword and stepping out of the carriage, closing the door. "Time to start the day."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Luz made breakfast for both the witches, and the horses, having to wait for the two to eat her fill before making her own food. "Luz, I haven't seen you eat since you and I had sweet potatoes..Do you eat at all when you're working?"

The knight shook her head, "Princess comes first. I don't eat til I go home or when I start my day. Or you and I are out and about." Luz flipped the griffin egg. "You have to allow me a break, so yes, before you ask, I don't eat for more than twelve hours a day."

Amity frowned, "Why don't you tell me you're hungry? I could allow you the break if I know you want to eat.."

Luz slid the egg on to a plate, placing the pan in the concrete sink before taking her plate, a fork, and sitting by Amity. "I'm not allowed to." Luz sliced through the yolk, folding it over itself before picking it up.

"Rules?"

"Mm." Luz nodded.

"Forget the rules."

"Forgetting the rules ends with a punishment. Called being beheaded." Luz uttered. "Parvati, I've noticed that around these parts, most of the people don't care about the king.."

Parvati shook her head, "We're all on death row. The king was told to bring us food that we sent by mistake. We do eat the crops we plant, but only the amount we don't need for seeds. He never sent it, so we've given up on falling for him, and we're just thriving with our boss."

"That boss is you, right?" Luz took Amity's tea, earning an angry gasp.

She kissed Amity's cheek, patting her head and drinking her tea, "Our boss is a cat. First non magical beast. You'd be suprised to hear that he does way better than the king."

Luz handed the tea back to Amity, the Princess placing it in Luz's hands, poking her. "Princess–" Luz gently slapped her hand away. "Control yourself–"

Amity poked Luz again, pointing to her tea, the human kissing her cheek again, drinking the rest of the tea. "The boss helps catch fish, know that?"

Luz rose a brow, placing the cup down, "The cat, fishes?"

Parvati nodded, "He's..Bait."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

A cat, was bait. Actual bait. And, he seemed okay with it. He hopped on to a large hook, nodding, being lowered in to the water. Bubbles rose, then stopped. "Should we be worried?" Luz asked.

"Nah, he's okay." Parvati waved Luz off.

A bell dinged slowly, then rapidly, the cat being pulled back up, a giant catfish surfacing to try and catch him. A witch used a spell to catch it in a net, being helped to pull it on the boat. "Good boy Cheshire." The fisherman cooed, patting the boss.