[56]

November thirty-fifth, fourteen twenty.

"Luz, I really must get going now.." Amity drew back.

"But you will be without me for days to come, please allow me just a few more minutes with you in my arms.." Luz kissed her cheek.

Amity softened, "Those days will go by quickly I can assure you that.."

Luz sighed, loosely wrapping her arms around Amity's waist, "Please be careful..I want you to be alive, in one piece, and in full health when we reunite.."

Gelato huffed, "Nnhhrrr."

"Yes, Gelato will care for me." Amity smiled. "I will see you soon, Luz. I promise. We will meet at--"

"Parvati's farm, where we will then prepare for the journey and find Boscha's Kingdom." Luz nodded.

Amity kissed her nose, "Where we shall clear your name."

Luz sighed, "Be safe, okay? This trip will not be worth it if you are not safe during it.."

"The same goes for you Noceda," Amity flicked her head. "But I'm off. I shall see you soon."

Paco huffed softly, stepping forward, "Pprrrfff.."

Gelato snorted back, tilting his head, "Nnhhhrr?"

Paco nodded, blowing at Gelato. Shaking his head lightly, Gelato stepped behind Luz, bowing his head. "Uh..?" Luz looked at Paco. "Will you not be..Joining me..?"

"Nnhhhrrr." Paco nodded to Amity. "Nnhhhzzz.."

Luz perked, "You want to go with her?"

Paco nodded, huffing, "Pprrrfff."

"I.." Luz hummed, scratching her cheek. "You are better suited to care for the princess when I am not around..But if something happens, I will be held responsible."

Paco shook his head, stomping his hooves down and snorting. "Paco, calm yourself.." Amity hushed.

He brayed, nudging her, "Hhhrrfff-"

"If you see it best." Luz rose her hand. "Then you can go. I will be here til it is my time, and Gelato and I will meet you at our destination."

Paco lowered his head, Luz gently stroking his snout, sighing. "Nhhzz.."

"Take care of yourself and Amity, Paco. I'm trusting you, you Mule."

He knocked his head against Luz's, then stepped back, turning to the side. Amity hugged Gelato's snout, gently scratching his neck as he wailed. "My poor Gelato, he's leaving me! Oh Gelato, I will miss you dearly.."

Gelato sniffled, neighing and nudging her up. She giggled, holding his snout as he picked her up with tears in his eyes, "I shall try not to kill Luz while you are away! I will miss you Amity of mine!" He whinnied, ears pinning back.

Paco nudged him, huffing before lowering his head to Luz. She kissed his snout, sighing and patting his cheek. "See you soon Paco."

"I will keep her and myself safe, Luz." He pecked her nose. "For now, this is farwell."

Gelato pouted and let out soft whinnies as Amity jumped up to Paco's saddle, taking her satchel and other bag from Luz who then took her own belongings. "Farwell you two, Paco likes morning walks, a-and he doesn't like to eat til noon-"

"He will share his worries when he is ready." Amity giggled. "Farwell, we shall reunite soon!"

"Farwell.."