[27]

October fifth. Fourteen twenty.

Luz received an apology the day she left. Amity had held her tightly while the knight nearly fell asleep crying, the feeling of dread only growing when Luz was teased and tormented on her way out by Hunter. He laughed at her for poorly protecting her princess, and, "How could you fail and be alright with the possible beheading of your princess? What a silly way to go down in history. Knight who failed to do her job. Cost her life and her princess."

Yet, Luz could do nothing. As far as she was aware, Belos could hold her mother and King hostage and use them as bait to make Luz listen. So she would do nothing.

Now, the morning of. Luz was awoken to ready herself with the bare minimum of armor and told to follow. So she did. Silently, Luz readied herself, made her bed, and followed Hunter. He had taken her sword from her, and it was too far to use the spell to have it return. Worse case scenario, he had destroyed it.

Hunter opened a door, looking to Luz, "Go."

She entered, waiting for Hunter to enter before following him again through the castle. Finally, they reached outside. "Down and give me thirty."

Luz dropped to the ground, pushing herself up, "Yes sir.."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Hours went by of endless training, yet Luz had no arguments. Her mother's safety was keeping her going, she needed to work harder to protect her mother after..Well, it's not our business.

Luz was then given water, allowed a five minute break, and was told to break a horse. Spending an hour in the cold, she gently coaxed the horse to follow, got it quickly used to a saddle and sent it in for training. "You do not waste time, do you?" Hunter removed his mask.

"I have been told to never hesitate.." Luz mumbled. "..And I need to work hard to keep my mother safe.."

A small look of concern brushed across Hunter's scarred face before he straightened himself. "No matter. As long as you do as told, your mother shall be left alone- Do you smell that?" He perked, looking around.

Luz glanced back, eyes widening slightly as she saw black smog rise from a house a ways off. She dropped the whip she hadn't used and ran towards the wall, "Hey! Get back here!!" Hunter yelled, putting his mask back on and chasing after her.

Luz jumped on the wall, slipping her fingers in a chipped part of it and climbing up. She pulled herself on top, heart dropping at the sight of the burning house. She snapped, hissing softly and continuing to snap. Her sword took the space in her palm, the human cheering and jumping off the wall.

She slid down the slight hill, hearing Hunter curse softly behind her. A woman stumbled out of the house, coughing into a rag, "Ma'am is there anyone else in the home--" Luz stabbed her sword into the ground, holding the woman up a bit.

"M..y d..ghter-" She sobbed, ranting softly as she cursed herself for having left the door locked so the demon they had wouldn't bother the sleeping baby.

"Which window--"

Stumbling down, the witch coughed into the rag, pointing to a decorated window. As Hunter reached Luz, she jumped up, grabbing the window frame. She snapped, stabbing her sword into the wall, pulling herself up to stand on it.

Snapping as she jumped, she once again penetrated the wall, grabbing the second story windowsill. She kicked it open, smoke exiting the room. Hunter stepped back, cursing softly and looking around. He clasped his hands together, pulling them apart as a staff took the space.

He pointed it to a well, water shooting out, Hunter slashing at the burning building. The front of the house went out, only to light up again and burn bright. "The things I do-" Hunter made an oval shape as he pointed into the home.

Air gushed in, creating a whirlpool of solid air, allowing clear passage from the door to the stairs. Hunter, knows nothing about fire. He gasped as the whirlpool set ablaze, the fire beginning to spread to the outside of the home.

A sword came out at him, Hunter jumping away, looking to where it landed. Luz stumbled out, baby swaddled in her arm, covered in ash. She fell to her knees, arms shaking as they reddened. The baby shuffled in its swaddle, wailing as it shook its head. "What you did was stupid, Ms.Noceda." Hunter uttered.

She panted quietly, "It's what Mama would have done..Hunter..Take these two to the medics.." Luz carefully stood.

"And, where do you suppose you're going?" Hunter hissed, taking the baby and handing it to the woman.

"Back to training.." Luz hummed softly, hands shaking. "I'll be fine.."

She faltered, blisters forming on her burned skin. "Ms.Noceda, you will lose your arms if you don't- LUZ-"

She fell back, hitting the cold dirt burned arms first. Then the building came down.

Tis, the adventure continues.