[35]

October 27th fourteen twenty.

Amity was worried. It was past daybreak, Luz has not returned, and she feared the worst. Boscha was also worried, but had kept her mind on the positive side as she prepared for the meeting. "Come along." Boscha looked to Amity.

The princess stood, humming softly and following Boscha out the room. This castle belonged to an esteemed Abomination user, and a beast in total control of the wilderness. Darius Deamonne, and Eberwolf the Huntsman.

Kings of the same castle yet not married or enemies, sharing a border. "We only speak when allowed to, I will do the talking, then I will ask about Luz."

Amity nodded, Boscha tipping her head forward to the guard who opened a door for them. "I asked, who do you work for?"

He was answered by silence, then a cry. "I am not to speak of my duties to anyone-"

"I'm not anyone, Child. I am the KING!" He growled.

Another cry followed, then little drops hitting the floor, "Your rank matters not to me..I am not allowed to speak of the person I work for or their business.."

Boscha and Amity walked in the room, gasping softly. Darius, the king, glared, "Speak. Before I cut off your tounge.."

Luz glanced up, standing up slightly, "My Queen--"

Darius forced her down, snapping, a guard kicking Luz's legs down, forcing her to lie flat on the ground. "This one's yours?" Darius glanced to Boscha.

"Yes..And I would appreciate it if you released her.."

Darius nodded to his guard; he forced Luz up, sitting her down, the human panting softly as blood dripped down her cheek. Her hauberk was missing, part of her chain mail as well, bruises in their places. Boscha nodded to Amity, the princess quickly going over to the knight.

Luz was helped up, faltering slightly at every sudden move. "Awh.." The woman from the night before walked from the shadows. "My dear is leaving so soon?"

Swallowing, Luz snapped, her sword appearing in her palm. She winced at the weight, standing in front of Amity, tiredly glaring at the woman. "Flora.." Darius sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Return to your room, I'll deal with this.."

Flora frowned, blowing Luz a kiss before walking out of the room. Luz took in a sharp breath, stumbling forward, shaking her head lightly. "Where's Paco..-?"

"Sent for glue." Darius stood. "Since the wee hours of the morning. He should be at the butcher. Or, maybe he's already been eaten.."

A grumble came from behind him, Darius sighing, "I was messing with her, Eber."

The beast crawled over to Luz, gently tugging at her chain mail, waving her over. "Go ahead Luz, get yourself treated while you're at it.." Boscha nodded.

Luz hummed softly, following the beast. She was guided down flights of stairs, outside, to the barns, and to the field. "Down! Come on Boy, we need to take that saddle off ya, doesn't that sound nice?" A witch raised her hands. "I don't want you hurting your back Hon, you need to let me get close to take it off.."

Paco sneezed in her face, whinnying and running around her, kicking dirt in her face. He spotted Luz, letting out a roar and galloping over. She hugged his head, the stallion squealing softly, lying down quickly with a thud. "It's okay Paco..I'm alright.."

"So you're the one with the loyal stallion." The witch walked over, bowing to Eberwolf who bowed back and ran off. "Viney, I'm responsible for all animals that come in."

"Luz.." The knight unclipped Paco's throat latch, grabbing the crown and removing his reins. "Is he hurt..?"

"Only a bit startled, hungry too. He won't eat. What's his name?"

"Paco. He's not my stallion, he's been appointed to me by my higher ups.." Luz scratched his neck. "But I take him home whenever I can.."

Paco let out a sigh, nuzzling Luz, licking her bruised forearm. "Well. Let's get you patched up, hopefully Paco will eat while you do." Viney unclipped his saddle. "Know what breed he is? Just so I can get him the right food."

"Paco's three years old, a friesian destrier." Luz stepped back, holding onto his muzzle.

Paco stood, huffing softly and nuzzling her cheek, gentle with the scratches. His saddle fell with a thud, the stallion bucking lightly at the sound, following Luz who followed Viney. He got into a stable with her, sitting down when Luz leaned against him for support.

She really was on the verge of passing out, her wrist's bruises darkening. Viney left for several minutes, returning with a bucket for Paco, and bandages for Luz. The knight sat on Paco's back, the stallion blowing lightly on her face before eating. "I have to poke, you tell me where it hurts, then I'll heal it better."

"What?"

"If I poke it and it hurts, tell me. It'll hurt more, briefly while I heal it, so tell me when it eases slightly so I can bandage it." Viney explained more thoroughly.

Luz nodded, "Thank you. And sorry in advance."

"Why sorry?" Viney poked Luz's knee.

She was nearly kicked in the face, the witch blinking, "Understood."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Luz returned, Paco joining his harras of horses. As Luz was guided to the room, she felt more and more tired, accounting for the blood loss and lack of sleep. She entered the room, thanking the worker and closing the door. "..The letter of his decision will arrive when we return, so our job here is done." Boscha grabbed her bag.

"Does he share the animals with Eb- Luz!" Amity perked.

The knight waved, walking over, "We are departing?"

"Yes, we'll be having dinner then leaving." Boscha cupped Luz's cheek. "Are you alright?"

"I've been through worse." Luz softened. "The witch who took me, Flora Desplora..She is not as powerful as Eberwolf with beasts, but she can break a griffin in seconds..She used her palisman to drag one down from the sky and forced it to take us to the castle.."

Boscha ruffled Luz's hair, pointing to the bed, "Rest. You will start your shift when you wake up."

"It doesn't work that way My Queen. I'll be on my shift when the sun sets."

"Go rest then, you'll switch shifts later. Your replacement armor will be brought to you shortly." Boscha pat her shoulder, waving Amity with her as she walked towards the door.

"We'll be back before the sun sets." Amity waved at Luz, following Boscha.

The knight nodded, looking around the room when the door was closed. "Baths open." A guard ruffled his hair, stepping out of the washroom. "Cleaned it up for ya, last two idiots left it a mess."

"Thanks. If my armor comes in before I'm out, leave it by the door and knock so I know it'll be out there."

"Sure. But I might be asleep by then, so don't take too long. I've got the same shift as you."

Tis, the adventure continues.