[31]

October 12th, fourteen twenty, another two days.

Luz, has returned. Amity was eager, she missed Luz, she really missed Luz. "Belos has arrived." The guard opened the door.

Amity perked when he stepped in, shaking lightly when she spotted Luz. The knight followed Belos, standing by him while Hunter stood opposite. Amity lightly waved, yet Luz seemed unfazed. "Luz, will be allowed to leave on her own will." Belos began. "If she wishes not to return to you, she will stay with me."

Psh. Luz would come back for her princess. Amity hummed proudly, and quietly, as she expected Luz to walk over. But she didn't.

Luz bowed, and stepped closer to Belos. "No." Alador stood. "We had a deal. Luz would stay with you for a week, she would return as soon as it was over."

Belos clenched his fist, "She chooses to stay."

"I do not care. She returns." Alador uttered.

Belos waved his hand, Luz drawing her sword, hand against the blade as she held it close to her neck. "She stays with me..Or she dies.."

The human faltered slightly, Hunter glancing towards her. She looked ill.. She hadn't eaten since, well, since her mind went blank. During training, she had at least took in as much water as she could find, sustaining on just that for days til she found food.

But she didn't have water. With quivering hands, Luz lengthened the distance of the sword to her neck, and shortened it in a matter of seconds before Alador shouted. "ENOUGH!"

Luz took in a sharp breath, the blue in her eyes receding. She flinched, then swiped at Belos. She was mere centimeters from his neck, but she was stopped by a blade. "Tsk. I really hoped to take you.." He uttered. "Oh well..A deal is a deal..Luz Noceda, your family will no longer be harmed, they and you are free. Alador, your debt is repaid. Hunter, let's go."

He forced Luz's sword away, stepping back to allow Belos space to stand. Hunter bowed to the king and princess, following Belos out. Luz fell to her knees, causing Amity to jerk up, "Titan have mercy.." She uttered before falling limp against the tiles.

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Luz awoke, in Amity's room? The princess was by her, re-wrapping Luz's hand. It felt moist, like the cream Opal had provided to ease the burns and cover the scabs. Amity lifted Luz's hand, kissing her knuckles.

The knight shuffled slightly, caressing Amity's cheek. The princess flinched, sighing quietly when she met Luz's tired gaze. She frowned, leaning into Luz's palm as tears welled up in her eyes. "Thank Titan you're alright.." Amity whispered.

"Amity..Why are you crying..?" Luz sat up, using her left thumb to wipe away Amity's tears.

The princess let out a soft sob, gently gripping Luz's wrist, "You've been out for nearly two weeks-- Luz I've been so worried--" Amity kissed Luz's palm, nuzzling it. "Please don't do that again--"

Luz tensed. She's been..Out? How long-- What happened-?

October 23rd. Fourteen twenty. Eleven days later.

Luz took in a deep breath, she felt fine. Just hungry, and, well, she missed Amity. Carefully, she pulled the princess into her lap, coaxing her to lie her head on the knight's shoulder. "Ya, calmate..It's okay..I'm okay..I'll be just fine soon enough."

Amity squeezed Luz, trembling lightly as her back was gently rubbed. "Hicc-" Amity sobbed, shaking her head lightly. "D..n't do that ag..again-"

Luz kissed her head, gently rubbing her back, "I still have to repay my debt, Princess..I'll have to do it again a final time.."

Amity let out what sounded like a soft yell, squeezing Luz, "I take it back-- Please I take it back--" She shook her head. "Don't leave me- L..z-"

The knight rubbed her back, pulling her head down again, "Amity..You.." Luz took in a small breath. "You do realize..I'm human..Yes..?"

"Yes.."

"Amity..Witches..Witches live a long time..For a reason.." Luz hummed. "Humans are fragile..We scar easily, we're brought to war to give it our all..I eventually..Will be put in my place.."

The princess held the knight tightly, "Don't say it-"

"Amity.."

"Don't-"

"Fighting for you will be the greatest honor.."

"Stop-"

"And the day that comes..I need you to be prepared for me to not wake up.." Luz caressed her cheek. "Princess..It is my only wish to die for the royal family..I do wish to be with you for the rest of my life, but it won't be long either way.."

Amity sobbed, "D..n't say things like that when I'm already u-upset!" She yelled.

"I need you to understand! Amity, I will not have a long life. I am trained to fight and die for you. Every injury I have, I have for you." Luz cupped her cheek. "Princessa, I live for you..I fight for you..I do it because I love you.."

Amity jumped, ears drooping as she let out a choked sob. She buried her face in Luz's chest, wailing as her back was gently rubbed. "My Princess, Amity..I love you so much..I will do my best for you..I ask only the same but for your people.."

"I will..I promise.."

I promise.

Tis, the adventure continues.