[19]

September thirty-ninth, fourteen twenty.

"Luz." The demon stomped over, looking down at the wooden board in his claws. "..Still on duty."

She merely nodded, biting her cheek to keep from cursing him out. He walked to the next witch, who got switched out and left chipper. 'He got on this morning!! This is unfair..' Luz straighted up. 'Come on Luz..You have to stay up..It's just a few more hours..'

"Luz!"

"..."

"Can't talk huh? On shift?" Parvati stood by her.

"...."

"I get it. Hey, I noticed you've been here since last night- So I'm going to convince your superior to have a drink and change his list." Parvati gently elbowed Luz. "Then you'll get dinner with me yeah?"

The human glanced to Parvati, and nodded. "See you Noceda." Parvati ruffled her hair, stepping back. "Hey Handsome! I'm free tonight~"

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

"Noceda. Break."

Luz relaxed, looking to him, "Finally-"

"Fifteen minutes."

"WHAT!?"

"Fifteen minutes." He nodded, lowering the paper.

She snarled, sitting down. "I can't do this. I've been here an entire day! I need to sleep-"

"Fifteen minutes or it's back on." He uttered.

She stood, bowing, "I'd like to rack it up, please."

He growled, "Fine. Gomez! Other side of field now!"

......

Parvati had stopped by when the sun began to disappear, using a weak illusion to let Luz eat. The human was ever so grateful, and was given a short, ten minute nap by Parvati. Then she left.

About an hour later, a gong was rung. Dismissed. Luz whistled, the guards straightening out, turning. "MARCH!" Luz shouted.

The guards either side of her stepped forward, creating a line when the others followed them to the tents. "Hey Noceda."

"Evening Cheshire." Luz greeted, glancing around. "Can you go make sure the newbies are alright?"

He nuzzled Luz's cheek, "Of course. I have a favor in return."

"Hm?"

"Go to the other side of the field, please. I've been smelling poison, I can't locate it, but someone got rid of their scent to do it. Ask, beg, I don't care- Please gaurd that area- Pete and Charlie live there--"

Luz hushed him, "I've got it, you don't have to tell me more." Luz gently scratched his chin, glancing around as the new guards began to line up. "Go on ahead, I'll..I'll ask for another shift.."

Cheshire nuzzled her cheek, "Just today, it gets stronger around this time..Go to sleep as long as you need after.."

Luz nodded, bowing to the guards at either side of her before bowing to the one behind her who was meant to take her place. She walked to the tents, Cheshire lightly pecking her cheek before spreading his wings and flying off. "Sir?" Luz entered the tent. "Sir, I'd like to request being in the farside of the land."