[24]

October second, fourteen twenty.

A knock came at Amity's door, first thing in the morning. Luz was gone, a note with a small rose on her bedside table. Amity smiled tiredly, pushing herself up and stumbling out of bed. She quickly got dressed, reading the note, and hiding it in her drawer. She walked to her door, unlocking it and opening it.

There her temporary guard stood. He bowed, "Good morning My Princess, today I will be your guard as Noceda is off today!"

"Yes, Steve, I'm aware.." Amity uttered, doing a curtsy. "Good morning Steve, please guide me to the dining hall for breakfast."

He nodded, Amity stepping out to close her door. She linked his arm around his, the two going downstairs and to the dining hall. She was taken to her seat, Steve waiting outside the room. Amity thought to herself, keeping quiet and thinking of what she would do with Luz when she returned.

Amity sighed. Luz..

She hummed, glancing to the king as someone brought him papers. "Let's look over the notes.."

Amity nodded, the king clearing his throat, making the princess wince as Luz wasn't here to receive her prize. "Tch." The king scowled.

"What's wrong?" Amity set her fork down.

"That human was right.." Alador slid the papers over. "If I do anything to that little town, the kingdom is in trouble.."

Amity was cheering in her head. Parvati would be okay, she could do whatever she wanted in Cheshire's town with Luz- AH DO NOT LET THOUGHTS GO THAT WAY! Amity shook her head lightly, passing the blush and looking over the notes.

All of what Luz said, was true. The notes from his son proved it! Cheshire would be alright. "How many snails are you coughing up?" Amity kept back her grin, sliding the paper back.

The king rose a brow, examining the notes more closely. Cheshire requests Construction Workers to make a new area for work. This includes shops, locks, spare ones for lease, rent, or purchase. The workers will be paid for their time off and request free meals as no one will be working to sell ingredients.

Cheshire signs this in paw and printed (by Parvati Sankar) has agreed to all terms and conditions we worked up, king's signature and print required.

🐾 Cheshire/\__/\
_________ __________

The king blinked. Oh, Cheshire was not jestering? Alador found the original page, eyes widening. He had to choke up ten thousand (10,000) snails to, not only pay the workers, but to pay for the food, the farmers, and the construction workers. There was a footnote as well, the king summoning glasses to see better.

Failure to pay up 10,000 snails will cause the people of the town to stop working on crops and increase the price of everything. Cheshire is up for a chat if you wish to change the price, disrespecting him in his town will only triple price. DO NOT TEST HIM.

Alador rubbed his temples, "We've got a trip to make.."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Amity hummed softly, foot tapping on the wooden carriage. "Can we stop for a second?" Amity uttered.

The king looked to her, "Stop, here?"

"Yes, I need to check up on Camilla." Amity pointed out the thick window to the house.

Alador rose his hand, the carriage coming to a halt. "A minute."

Amity tipped her head forward, getting up and being escorted off the carriage and to the house. Luz opened the door, Alador narrowing his eyes as she left around a corner with Amity. Just as Amity agreed, she came a minute later, Camilla and Luz keeping their heads low as the princess entered the carriage.

The ride went on, and before the sun began to hide, they arrived to Cheshire's little town.

Alador and Amity walked to his place of work, the cat flying around, sorting papers. He perched on a ledge, looking down at them, "Good evening." Cheshire kicked a book into place, gliding down, landing on his desk. "What can I do for you, your majesty?"

He bit back a few rude words, passing the thought with snails. "Cheshire, let us talk about-"

"The farmers have requested ten snails for two acres. Farmers are to work for eight acres of land per day, over the limit, the price doubles. If you wish not to pay up we will halt all our work and your people will starve. The taxes have to decrease by 87%."

"I-"

Cheshire held his paw up, "We require guards. I will accept if you train my people free of charge, or you let me have half of yours. The new shops will be 100 snails per month. That money will be taken to our bank and split every month to be taken to you as our tax."

Alador stayed silent, pondering. "Ring up those numbers.." He waved back.

Someone scribbled on a paper, tapping his head with the pencil and writing the rest down, setting the paper down in front of the king. There were 89 shops open in Cheshire's town, 8,900 (eight thousand nine hundred) snails, then divided in half.. 4,450 (four thousand four hundred fifty) snails would be his.

Yet, he had to pay the farmers. "This.. Is too much.." Alador uttered.

Cheshire sat, tail curling up by his side, "Too much, for us. This. This." Cheshire hissed, patting the paper. "Is what my people had to pay you, for years. I am willing to talk about our matter if you pay three thousand (3,000) upfront to be split amongst my farmers. And I'll discount it from our final price. Understood?"

Alador relaxed, "You are a wise cat, Cheshire. Let's talk."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Amity had walked around to visit a few stores, wanting to purchase a nicer shirt to nap with Luz in. She bought three for double the price, the workers thanking her profusely. Then, she went to Parvati's house, leaving Steve outside.

The second Amity closed the door, Parvati went over to her, and hugged her. "Parvati?"

"T..nk you..--" Parvati choked out, hand dragging down Amity's back slightly. "Tha..nk you- Hicc-"

"Parvati--" Amity knelt down with her, holding her close. "Parvati, what are you thanking me for?"

The farmer choked on a sob, Amity gently rubbing her back, "I can fix my house- I can get the fo..od I rea..Hicc- Really need-" Parvati wiped her tears. "I can get a new blanket--!"

Amity teared up, squeezing Parvati, "I'm sorry..I should've helped you sooner Parvati..- I'll be a better princess- I'll take care of my people-"

Parvati sobbed into her chest, shaking as her tears dampened Amity's dress. Yet, the princess didn't care about the dress. She cared about Parvati. 'I'll give them all forty snails from my pocket..I'll start helping them out when Luz and I come over..I'll build my own title..-'

A knock, "Princess, we must head out now.." Steve uttered.

Amity squeezed Parvati, kissing her head and gently pushing her back. She drew a circle, a large bag coming out, "Forty to all of the farmers. If there's left over, please split it evenly amongst yourselves. If there's not enough, tell Cheshire and I'll send more. Please get yourself what you need Parvati, this time, you're getting paid for your efforts. I promise."

Tis, the adventure continues.