[52]

November thirtieth, fourteen twenty.

Belos tapped his throne, lost in thought. The doors opened, his messenger rushing forward, "L-Letter for you my king!" He leaned in. "It's about Noceda..!"

"Thank you.." Belos took it, pulling the letter out.

"I hope this letter finds you well, Emperor Belos. Let's not waste time and get to the point. You have someone I want.

Please allow me a moment to speak to Luz Noceda, no harm will come to her. Send her to the stables down by the river, much appreciated,

-Amity."

He glanced to his right, raising his head, "I've got a job for you, Luz."

. . .

Luz followed the river downhill, thinking, 'Inquire about the foals for training, thank him, head back. If they're ready send for a cart, if they're not send for more hay.'

Shaking her head lightly, Luz walked into the barn, gasping softly. "Of course."

"Luz-"

The knight sighed, walking over and greeting the man on a fence. "Are the foals ready for training?"

"Sure are, just waiting for em to finish getting fitted for reins, care to wait a little longer?" He flicked his hat.

"Not at all."

He nodded, sliding off the fence and walking out across the road to a blacksmith and leather worker. Amity neared the knight, examining her armor, "..It's shiny.."

Luz glanced to her, sighing, "What do you want, Amity?"

"I.." Amity lowered her head. "Alright you clearly hate me, so I'll get to the point." She held her hand out. "Ever since you left, I've been appointed several princes to be married to. While I still love you, I can not avoid marriage if you do not return to me. I snuck out with my steed to find you, thinking you'd be with Parvati since her letter had recently arrived."

Luz blinked, then glanced away, "I am not allowed to return from a place I was banished from."

"And neither will I if I don't get married. I've already been marked, Luz. Once you left I've been asked out left and right, when winter comes the Kingdoms get desperate for another to merge with to share crops." Amity glared at her ring. "And I couldn't say no this time..Shall I fail to return to my lover, I will be married upon my return.."

Luz exhaled lowly, "Then congratulations. But you stopped loving me when you banished me."

"That's the thing.." Amity reached into her small satchel, offering Luz two letters. "I didn't write it."

. . .

Amity's stallion had glared at Luz when she walked over with the princess, snorting softly. "I don't like you either." Luz pushed his face away. "And neither does my horse."

"Leave Gelato alone." Amity nudged Luz. "He's been working hard, haven't you boy?"

He gently nuzzled her, blowing at her, "Pppffff.."

"So, will you join me?" Amity looked back.

Luz shook her head lightly, "I do not work for you anymore..I can't join you until I'm off work next month.."

"..Then I'll see you around.." Amity hopped up, patting Gelato's head. "Don't be a stranger Luz..Come on, let's get back home."

The human watched as Gelato trot out of the stable into the bright sun, glancing back at Luz before snorting. Luz bit her lip, clenching her fist, "Wait-"

Gelato shook his head roughly, wincing when Amity held him back, "Yes?-"

"I..I-I'll go ask for some time off, can you wait til tonight for it to be approved?-" Luz stepped forward.

Amity smiled brightly, ears perking as a faint blush crossed her cheeks, "Yes!"

Gelato huffed, turning back and lowering his head, glaring at Luz. "Hhrrrnnffff!" He huffed. 'You are so lucky I can't hurt you or wield a weapon. I would've struck it through your heart, and stepped on you til I saw blo-'

Luz rubbed his stop, gently pulling out his bit, "You are off duty til then Gelato, may you get bit by several mosquitoes while I'm gone."

'I. Will. End you.'

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Luz bowed, thanking Belos profusely as she slowly backed out. "Return alive Noceda. When you return, I expect you to work three times as hard.."

"I will, thank you My Emperor." She rushed out. "Hunter! You've got things under control right?"

"What do you take me for a weasel?" He scoffed. "Bring me back some bark yeah? The good kind."

"I will! Thank you!"

Paco waited for her at the doors, eagerly tapping the floor with his new horseshoes. "Let's go Paco!" Luz hopped up, sliding her shield onto her back. "Off-duty but doing work, that alright with you Bud?"

"Mmrrrff!" He squealed, trotting down the stairs.

He tipped his head to the guard who opened the gate, perking when he caught a scent. Paco jumped up slightly, hopping over to Gelato and pressing his nose against Amity's cheek. "Hello Paco~" Amity cooed, scratching his chin. "I missed you too~!"

Gelato brayed, teeth showing as an annoyed squeal came from him. He nipped at Paco, the frise stallion snorting and raising his head. Gelato blinked, cowering, "He's a herd leader, Gelato. Should you try to put Paco in his place, you will end up like his last opponent. Hide." Luz clicked her tounge. "Come on Paco."

He snorted, stepping forward, Gelato hesitantly turning and following. "Why must you scare my horse. He was so confident coming here to kick you, and now he isn't willing." Amity leaned forward, wrapping her arms around Gelato's neck.

"He tried besting mine." Luz huffed. "Where are we off to, My Princess?"

Amity smiled brightly, "To the illusion kingdom!"

Tis, their adventure continues.