[25]

October third, fourteen twenty.

Luz was back!! Amity was eager to wake up this morning and readied herself early. Right in time for Luz to knock and greet her through the door. Amity opened the door, pulling Luz in and closing the door behind her. "Woah there Princess, a little eager there aren't you?" Luz teased, moving Amity's hands down.

"Yes! I missed you, please give me the affection I didn't receive yesterday." Amity stood on her tippy toes.

Luz smiled, nodding and placing a kiss on Amity's lips. The princess pressed up against her, arms wrapping around the knight's neck. They paused briefly before Luz gave her another kiss, caressing her cheek. "Princess!" A knock. "Princess breakfast is ready!"

Amity pulled back slightly, sticking her tounge out at the door, huffing and hugging Luz. The knight kissed her head, nuzzling her cheek and assuring her kisses would be given later. The two left the room, Luz escorting Amity to the dining hall, taking her to her seat.

She was so close to leaving Amity's sight, but her arm was grabbed. Luz sighed, standing by Amity again, the princess letting her arm go. The king came in a minute later, the two being served. After breakfast, papers were brought out, and the king looked over them.

He nodded, sliding them over to Amity. She held it up, allowing Luz to glance over it while she read. "You've settled." Amity hummed.

"Yes, Cheshire is a wise cat. Farmers are to be payed 630 (six hundred thirty) snails per month, four acres per farmer a day, twenty-eight (28) per week and so on and so forth. Any acre over that limit they get an extra two snails." Alador explained.

Luz shuddered, needing to keep back a happy feeling or two. "What about the shops?"

"Cheshire will pay a thousand (1,000) snails for all one hundred (100) shops. Then rent for said shops will be eighty a month. Forty comes back to us per person."

Amity perked, "That's amazing!"

"Yes, but they will keep half of the guards, and they get to choose-"

"Not Luz-" Amity blurted out. "I like my current one and would prefer it if she stayed with me.."

Luz gently used her knee to hit Amity, the princess hushing up. "I'm aware. You put in eighteen requests for her back during her week with Cheshire.." Alador pinched the bridge of his nose. "Remember?"

Amity sheepishly smiled, drawing back, "My apologies..I feared she was injured or-"

The doors opened, a knight panting quietly, "He's..Huff- He's here-"

The king stood quickly, "He's here--?"

"He's HERE!!" The knight cried. "Just thought you should know.." He fell back.

Luz stiffened, stumbling towards the door. She pulled out her sword, stabbing it in the ground, holding on to it tightly. Yells and cries came from the other guards, being dragged to the large doors. Luz hissed softly, Amity rising from her chair, kneeling by the knight. "What's wrong? Luz?"

The doors opened, a large man in a yellow getup walking in with a masked guard by him. He stopped in front of the doors, looking to the dining hall. "My my..You've held on, haven't you?" He waved Luz over.

She winced, gripping her sword as that dreaded force to line up grew. The man growled, then lightly chuckled, "You've got a talent.." He looked to the king. "I'd like that guard of yours.."

Amity looked to the king, eyes wide, "Father--"

"I'm not into trading my guards at the moment.." Alador uttered. "And she won't be involved in the trades.."