[60]

November forty-sixth, fourteen twenty.

Amity awoke to her wrists tied to a stake, Gelato limp by ber side, and a fire across from her. She jerked up, raising her head a looking around. Her eyes landed on the man from the tavern, a blade in his hand along with a small stick. He shaved it down, the slices of wood landing in a small cloth.

He muttered softly, glancing up, "Ah, yer awake." He stood. "Perfect.."

The man stomped over, grabbing Amity's wrists, pulling her up with the stake. "Been waiting a loooonng time for yer.."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Luz wasn't doing any better, and had gotten herself trapped. "Paco, I told you not to run at night." Luz sighed, stabbing her sword into the dirt and pulling it out.

She tugged, pulling the dirt loose, stepping up and jumping. She grabbed the ledge, pulling herself up and beginning to carve out an exit. Paco limped up, Luz helping him step towards a tree, allowing him to lie down. "You rest while I gather the rest of our sfuff."

He whinnied softly, lying his head down, snorting. "I did nothing. That cliff came out of nowhere."

Luz tossed up a satchel and basket, coming back up with a bag. "So before you get upset," Luz pulled a vile out from the basket. "I have a potion."

"Yes, and?" He snorted.

"It's a transformation potion."

"Oh no." Paco shook his head. "You are not using that on me."

"Temporary," Luz drew near. "I promise."

"Luz!" He brayed.

"And will let us keep moving!"

"I should've went with Gelato!!!"

'Poof!'

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Paco..Enjoyed, the transformation. "Have I told you I loved you yet?" Paco rose his head, a soft purr escaping him.

"Only six times in the last minute, Paco." Luz smiled. "Enjoying the potion?"

"Yes greatly," Paco nuzzled her arm. "I enjoy speaking to you. I've been wanting to speak to you since you took up the job."

"Is that so." Luz drew her sword, stabbing it into the bark of the tree, pulling herself up.

She snapped as she passed the small hill, sheathing her sword. "I will not lie, I disliked you when we first met. You were just another human, and I was wary."

"Oh?"

Paco rose his head, resting his chin on Luz's shoulder, "I was afraid. That you would leave me."

"Leave you?"

"My rider before you, great fighter, loved to fight for the castle..We were out just a week prior your arrival, and he left me to die." Paco's tail flicked, ears pinning back. "For being the last of my kind, I was taken care of by the best. And he suffered repercussions.."

Luz kissed his head, gently stroking his furred back. "You do not have to speak of this to me, Paco.."

He shook his head, "You are much kinder than he was, Luz. I trust you to care for me this time around. My last rider was gentle, but thought of me as a horse. A steed. Not a friend, and I only realized when he allowed me to fall into the rapid stream.." Paco breathed out. "Where I nearly lost my life."

"..Well, I'm glad you're still here." Luz gently stroked his back. "And I promise to care for you til my last breath."

Paco cowered, "D..Do you think you will finish this journey..?"

Luz silenced. Paco drew back, looking into Luz's eyes, "Luz..?"

"Yes..I..Am hopeful of my return." Luz kissed his nose. "I will return to my Princess, take you home with me, and to Gelato."

Paco licked her cheek, gently bumping his head against Luz's. "Then I hope we return in time for Parvati's dinner."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

"And then she used a potion!" Amity exclaimed. "I mean, could she not have simply asked me to leave?! Is she not insane, Boris??"

The gruff man huffed, "Sounds like she cares an awful lot 'on't she?" He tugged lightly on Gelato's reins. "Oy, it ain't snacking time 'et mate."

Gelato whinnied softly, sniffing around and turning, galloping back onto the trail. "I am glad she cares so much about me to not want me to join her on this dangerous trip..But she treats me as if I am a child..I worked day and night to learn magic..And she believes I can not fend for myself.."

"Rotten one then," Boris tossed an apple in front of him. "Catch."

Gelato bites the apple as it flies through the air, munching on it and eagerly trotting about. "Mmrrrrrfff!"

He perked, sniffing the tree and spinning. Gelato grew serious, snorting and galloping down a path. He whinnied, raising his head and snorting. "I smell blood-- And it's definitely not anything I've ever smelt before--"

Behind him, a tree toppled over, spooking Amity and Boris, Gelato being forced to stop. He paced, squealing as he turned his head. "Oy Mate, we'll be alright." Boris tugged.

Gelato bucked, flicking his head forward quickly, reins being let go. He spit the bit out, galloping back onto the path. A beast chittered, tearing apart bark a ways off as it grew desperate. It chased, large and brown, teeth sharp and ready to tear apart its lunch.

"Oh, alrighty then." Borris picked up Amity, setting her down in front of him. "Steady as 'e goes Jelly-O."

He drew his hatchet, grumbling softly as he eyed the beast, rolling back his arm and throwing his weapon. It dug itself deep into the beast's shoulder, slowing it but not depriving it of the hunger inside it. "Oy. That ain't fair." Boris glared. "Rude as beast 'in't he?"

Amity grabbed a small wooden pipe from Gelato's bag, unclasping a hook, her bow forming from the pipe. She drew an arrow, sliding it onto place and turning back. She narrowed her eyes, the arrow whistling as it flew through the air, snapping when it cut through flesh, leaving the arrowhead behind as the wood splintered.

The beast merely whined, scratching at its chest before slowing. It fell with a thud, growling at the trio before falling limp. Gelato glanced back, snorting and slowing, turning. "Excuse me fellow, have you died?" He whinnied.

With no response, Gelato shook himself, snorting to Amity who slid off his back, guiding Boris off too. Gelato bit into an arrow, adjusting it in his mouth and crawling close to the downed beast. Gelato's ears perked, the stallion lowering his head and sniffing the beast.

It peeked, roaring and swiping blindly at Gelato. "AH YOU REALLY DIDN'T DIE!" Gelato bleated, turning his head quickly to the beast, blood splattering in his face.

Impaled through its eye and out his ear, the beast breathed out and fell limp, ceasing it's breathing, arrow dripping with blood. Gelato squeaked, biting into Boris's hatchet and quickly galloping back to him. Amity gazed at the beast, turning to Gelato, "You were trained to fight back."

"What, expected me to be eaten?? No! That's how Paco almost died, rather frightening but-"

"Quit yapping, we need to catch up to Laura." Boris slid the hatchet in its place. "Or was it Lucy?"

Amity slid Gelato's bit back into place, hopping back on to the saddle, "Luz. And yes, let's get going. We've got alot to make up for.." She sighed, golden streams of light beginning to pour out the trees. "Lots, to make up for."

     Tis, their adventure continues.