[29]

October seventh, fourteen twenty.

It took the night to arrive, Gus being temporarily switched out with a guard while he rested. He returned hours later in time for breakfast and then they all walked to the castle.

"Your highnesses! Good morning." The guard bowed. "How may I assist you?"

"You can let us in, for starters." Amity uttered. "And I'd like to see my guard to make sure she isn't being mistreated."

The guard stepped back, sliding into a hidden cubicle, "Who might this guard be, Princess?"

"Luz Noceda."

Humming softly, the guard shuffled through papers, stepping back out. "Luz Noceda, twenty, human..Oh! At this time of day she should be in the infirmary for movement therapy."

Gus stepped forward, "Yes, and the princesses would be grateful if you hopped to it and took us there." Gus uttered. "We are on a schedule, we are already falling behind."

The guard jumped, "Right away!"

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Luz hissed softly as her arms began to ache, gripping the bar. "You've exceeded yesterday's time," The nurse stepped forward. "Please get down now Ms.Noceda, you'll hurt yourself.."

"I can't- This is for my mother I have to hold on-" Luz adjusted slightly on the bar, wincing. "Mugh-"

"Ms.Noceda please let go! You'll injured yourself further!" The nurse yelled.

Luz sighed sharply and dropped down, holding her hands close to her chest, "Tch- I could've done it--"

The nurse knelt down by her, taking her hand. "Ms.Noceda, I do not doubt that you could have done it..I know you could have gone for hours, but right now, you are not able to..You're hurt badly, you need to rest..I'm a healer, I know it takes time to heal something, especially when it seems like it is beyond repair..Use this time to rest so your body has time to heal.."

Luz shook her head, "I need to heal for my princess..I've trained for years to get to this point only to..To get hurt in a matter of weeks- I want to heal to get back to work..To provide for my mother..To protect my family and the people I care about..Please help me heal Opal.."

The witch sighed, pulling Luz's head to her shoulder, "I will..But you need to rest first.."

Opal helped Luz stand, guiding her to the bed, unwrapping her hands. She cringed at the sight of the poor attempts to heal her burns, rolling her eyes and drawing a spell circle. Luz winced as few of the burns receded, and the blisters healed. "You know, my mother used to say kissing makes wounds feel better.."

"Mine too.."

Opal smiled, "I never realized why my mom said that, til I tried it on my step-son.." She kissed Luz's palm. "It takes away the pain!" She giggled.

Luz perked, rubbing her palm, "That's amazing.."

"Yes, but unfortunately it is only temporary. It lasts twelve hours, the pain allows the patient to have full movement for half of it.." Opal spoke, wrapping Luz's hands and wrists in bandages.

"That's still an amazing talent Opal..I will return to the lighter assignments you gave me.." She reached for the cloth wrapped dough.

The bouncy sphere was too tough for Luz, injuring her further, so dough was switched in its place. "I'll be in the other room if you need me."

Luz nodded, Opal bowing and leaving the room, heading to her next patient. "She'll be right this way."

The guard stood in front of the doorframe, signaling inside. Amity peeked in, smiling brightly when she met Luz's gaze. She walked over, pushing Luz back down as she tried to greet the princess properly. "At ease. How have you been, Luz?"

"As well as I can be Your Highness.." Luz smiled softly. "You shouldn't have troubled yourself to come all this way.."

Amity brushed Luz's hair back with her hand, relaxing as she could finally see her human again. "It was no trouble Luz.."

Willow giggled from afar, Amity glaring at her. Gus nudged her away, shaking his head and closing the door. Amity spelled it to lock, lifting Luz's chin up and kissing her nose. "How is it..?"

"Opal has healed my hands temporarily." Luz showed the bandages. "She has an amazing gift, healing is meant for her.."

Amity caressed Luz's cheek, sighing, "Do you need me to take you back home.."

"..No..I need to stay for Mama..Hunter has..Confirmed my suspicions..If I do not work..I will never see my mom again.." Luz mumbled. "As much as I miss you being in my arms Amity..I am willing to stay apart longer so Mama will be okay--" Luz took in a sharp breath. "She's been through too much and I need to keep her safe-"

Amity knelt down, wiping away Luz's tears, "Luz..As long as you work in the castle..Your family will be kept under protection..I promise you, Steve is taking good care of your mother and brother. I checked on them before we left, your mother is worried, and gave us far too much food."

Luz lightly chuckled, "Stress cooking.. She opened up a restaurant in the time I was in training, that was how she made money in my leave and how she kept herself from wasting food."

Amity smiled, "She has asked me to give you the one labeled 'PenDayJa.'" Amity mumbled, shaking her head. "I forgot how she has said it, but it is meant for you."

Luz snorted, shaking her head, "Pendeja, meaning stupid, feminine version. Mama is very upset with me, I am grateful she still cares for me even at our large distance."

Amity giggled, "It seems very accurate now knowing what it means. Luz, when then week is over, will you be okay staying in the castle with the healers? Or do you wish for the healers to be in your home?"

"I would be safer knowing you won't go too far to come see me.." Luz kissed her forehead. "Thank you for coming Amity. But, I need you to return to the castle immediately..The emperor is not a nice man, and I fear he will use you against me as well..Please leave as soon as you can.."

Amity frowned, then whined, "It took the night to arrive! Why must I leave that soon??"

"For your safety and mine, Amity..I beg of you, please leave as soon as possible. Tell my mother that I said to accompany you back to the castle..And if possible, please send guards to check the house..There is no telling what Belos would do to keep an eye on my family.."

Amity softened, and nodded. "Okay.."

"Thank you My Princess. Please do not worry about me, I will write you tonight before I sleep." Luz kissed her head. "I trust you Amity.."

Tis, the adventure continues.