[22]

September forty-eight, a week later, fourteen twenty.

Luz, was allowed back at the castle. She was returned to Amity, but was kept on watch herself. ". . ." Luz glared back, pulling her sword out. "..."

The guard who was sent to watch her hid behind a pillar, Luz snorting and narrowing her eyes. "Luz, let's go." Amity pushed herself away from her seat. "I've finished my studies, I'm free the rest of the day."

"Yes your highness." Luz bowed, returning her sword to its place.

The two left the castle library, passing other guards as they went to Amity's room. Luz opened Amity's room door, closing and locking it behind herself when she stepped in. "KissKissKiss-" Amity turned quickly, hugging Luz.

"Not right now." Luz hushed, returning the hug with an arm, glancing around. "...."

She gently pushed Amity back, going around the room. That dreaded feeling of being watched was..Well, unsettling. Yet she found no one. Ah– Luz pulled her sword out, throwing it at the ceiling, a specific spot, a few feet from the door, close to Amity's bed.

The princess went to Luz, being pulled in a side hug, "Get. Down." Luz growled.

A panel was moved from Amity's ceiling, a trembling guard hesitantly coming down. "You..Nearly..Killed me.." He whispered.

Luz's face contorted into a face of disgust, "You were in the Princess's room, in her ceiling. Who set you up to this?" Luz stepped forward, snapping.

Her sword returned to her palm, the human poking his cheek with the tip, swiping. He winced as she cut through the layer of skin, lowering his head and covering his cheek. "The king set me up to it..He wants to make sure you're able to protect the Princess.."

"Tell him to stop. I've devoted my life to the royal family, if I dare take back my promise I give up my family name and personally..I wouldn't want to be disowned.." Luz lifted his chin up with her sword. "Would you?"

He glared, Luz flipping her sword in her palm, pointing to the door. He stood, and left as quickly as possible. Amity locked the door behind him, Luz checking the panel space he hid in. That was the only entrance. Only thing up there was a burned out oil lamp, papers stating time, and a pencil.

Luz pulled everything out, leaving it by a small barrel by the door. Sooner or later, ghosts of old would pass by and take everything to a disposal. When Luz finished her part, Amity had set the rowan flowers down, and prepared clothing fit for rest. "Amity.. You know I can't.."

"Please? Just tonight? I haven't seen you in a week.." Amity saddened.

Luz hummed, "I haven't seen my mother in more than that..Amity, please let me see my mother.."

Amity pouted, nodding slowly, "I'll take you to her.."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

With every step Luz took with Amity, she grew excited. She'd see her mother, healthy! "In here." Amity stopped.

Luz scrambled back, standing by Amity. The Princess opened the door, Luz allowing her to enter before following, closing the door behind herself. Amity led the way to another room, nodding. Luz opened it, peeking in. "Mama.."

A woman looked over, smiling softly, "Mi Niña.."

Luz took a shaky breath, steps heavy as she stumbled over to her mother. She sat on the bed, hugging the woman, "Mama..-"