[66]

December 4th, fourteen twenty.

Morning of, Cheshire was snuggled up near Parvati, paws cupping her.. Ehem- Right breast..

Luz yawned as she walked down the hall, perking when she noticed in the corner of her eye Cheshire's black fur. She turned, eyes widening. "Oh that cat-" Luz grumbled, stomping to the kitchen. "If he didn't care for Parvati so much I'd have killed him..!"

The knight suddenly stopped, raising her elbows, arms being wrapped around her waist. "Return to bed please.."

"Soon, I promise. I have to make breakfast." Luz pat her arms. "Let go Darling, go sleep for a little longer."

Amity held Luz tightly, nuzzling into her back, "Not without you.."

Luz gently tugged at Amity's arm, the witch only latching on tighter. "Alright alright." Luz lowered herself. "Hold onto me, I'll make breakfast."

Amity carefully pulled herself up onto Luz's back, wrapping her arms around Luz's neck. She exhaled, body relaxing until her last breath was breathed out. Amity dozed back off, Luz gazing at the kitchen. 'How am I to prepare breakfast without making too much noise?'

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Paco and Gelato came to help Parvati and the farmers with digging a small trench of sorts, to allow the melting snow to follow a path around all the homes. With their help, the rest of the trench was finished, Gelato and Paco doing small chores. Luz set the basket down, Paco snorting softly, nuzzling her cheek.

He suddenly perked, raising his head and turning to the gates. A tan mare galloped inside the town, whinnying and heading-- Towards them?- Paco let out a breathy whine, dropping down and slipping free of the baskets, struggling to stand and galloping to meet in the middle with the mare.

Said mare was equally as excited, her rider suprised yet relieved. "Pumpkin!" Paco whinnied, skidding to a stop.

She too stopped, upper lip rising as she smiled at him, snorting and nuzzling him. "Salutations Paco! I'm relieved to see you healthy upon your return!" She rested her neck atop his, letting out a soft sigh. "I was very worried you would not return.."

"Good morning, Paco."

"Hunter! You have-- Scarred?" Paco stepped back, examining Pumpkin. "You both have! What sorts of missions have they been putting you on? You poor thing!"

He knocked his head against Pumpkin's, Hunter disembarking his steed, patting Paco's side. "Is..Luz in?"

Paco squealed, looking back, he and Hunter letting out gasps. Luz tackled Hunter, the two bursting into fits of giggles. "You're alive!" Hunter held Luz tightly, sitting up with her in his arms. "Y..ou- You're actually a-alive!"

Luz pulled his head to her shoulder, tears pooling in her eyes, rolling down in beads. "Yes, I am." She sniffled, a soft chuckle escaping her. "I am."

Hunter wailed into her shoulder, Luz whispering softly to him, rubbing small circles on his back. Gelato stepped near, snorting, Paco and Pumpkin looking back at him. "Paco. Who is this mare?"

"This is Pumpkin!" Paco jumped up, hopping to be by her side. "She and I have been misson mates for weeks! She's a few months younger than me but just as experienced!"

Pumpkin squealed, "Yes! I have been assigned to my witch, Hunter. He is very close to Paco's human, Luz! I have missed them dearly." She nuzzled Paco.

Leaning further into the nuzzle, Paco sighed, ears hanging to the side as he drooped. Gelato gazed at Paco, lowering his head and noticing his stance, "Then welcome! We have been doing work, but you two are free to go catch up in the stables or in the sun while it lasts." Gelato nodded back.

Pumpkin scratched lightly at the ground, "No no! I am still on duty, I must work til there is no work left! Worry not, Paco and I will find time later to speak of our travels!"

Yet ever the perceptive one, she noticed both their discomforts and hopped from hoof to hoof. "But I do suppose I am very tired. Let us rest together then! Hunter and I have been on the clock for days now."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Pumpkin and Paco caught up in time for dinner, Pumpkin stating clearly that she would prefer to sleep outside Hunter's window (which she truly did want to, she gets rather clingy when on missions and had just returned safely), and sent Paco off with Gelato. Luz stopped by to leave buckets of food, then returned to her princess.

"You wish to inquire about the war?" Hunter rose his head. "I don't know much myself, actually.."

"Is it mandatory?" Amity spoke quickly.

"Yes. Unless a viable excuse is given. But since Luz and I have no family, we can not make such decisions. We have to go."

"But-- She does have family--"

"My mother and siblings do not count.." Luz turned to her. "I am still banished, they have not joined me here. Legally, in the Empire, I have no relations."

Hunter nodded, "The Emperor was the one who took me in when I was a witchlet, he is my guardian by law, and he is my only family."

Cheshire sniffed the air, looking towards the open window, "The sky darkens in winter's favor.." He stood, shaking his head. "Forgive me, friends. I must be on my way, much to do before the sun sets for the next twelve hours."

"At first light, we'll all be going to the shopping district to help out." Parvati said, taking his plate. "Leave the job list on your door, we'll be passing by it in the morning."

Cheshire nodded, "Goodnight everyone, may the night show you mercy." He bowed, jumping off the table and flying out the window.

Parvati stood, sighing, "Alright, it's off to bed you lot. Much to do in the morning."

They all made noises of protest, Parvati shaking her head and pointing down the hall. "To bed!"

Muttering amongst eachother, they all stood and began to clean the dining area. Still complaining, Luz and Amity went to the guest bedroom while Hunter went to grab blankets from the closet to keep warm on the couch. Parvati waited til everyone was stilled and quiet, humming proudly and snuffing out the candle, the home succumbing to darkness.

Tis, their adventure continues.

P.S, sorry for being so late! I've been so busy with school and since second semester is always the hardest, I've been struggling to keep up! I'll do my best to keep you readers entertained!