[14]

September thirty-fourth, fourteen twenty.

When Amity woke up, she was in bed. Albeit confused, she couldn't say anything as she had a guest. "Luz." Amity gently shook the guard. "Luz wake up.."

"Guhhhsssshhh.." Luz hushed, fumbling around.

She wrapped her arms around Amity's waist, cheek against her stomach and snoring softly. Amity pat her head, lying back down, Luz slowly readjusting to the position. Amity rubbed Luz's back, humming quietly, "My mind wishes to do an activity.." Amity mumbled.

A knock came at her door, startling the Princess which in turn startled Luz. "Muh-?" The Noceda pushed herself up, looking around. "Wha..?"

"Princess! It's time for your duties!" The maid knocked.

Amity cupped Luz's face, the knight relaxing on to her palms, tiredly looking up at her. "Morning Amity.." Luz yawned.

"Morning. Let us go, we need to start the day." Amity let Luz's face go, the knight hitting her face on the bed.

Amity giggled, crawling out of bed, walking to her dresser. "Princess? Did you wake?" The maid knocked again.

Luz stretched, opening the door, "Morning Celine," Luz greeted the biped demon. "The Princess has woken, she's getting dressed. Is breakfast ready?"

Celine nodded, "The King waits." She did a curtsy, walking off.

Luz looked back, Amity adjusting her dress slightly, linking her arm around Luz's. "Ready?" She asked.

Amity nodded, the two walking out of the room and down the hall, making their way downstairs and to the dining room. Luz walked Amity to her chair, standing by her, loosely holding on to her hand. "Princess-"

"You're not leaving." Amity uttered, poking at her breakfast, brining her fork close and biting.

Luz nodded, glancing towards the king, "Knight."

"Yes sir?"

"Why are you here."

"This is my job." Luz looked to Amity, picking up the napkin, wiping her cheek. "Princess, don't spill."

Amity placed her glass down, Luz wiping her bottom lip, placing the napkin back down. "Your job is to protect, not frolic around with my daughter."

Luz smiled, "But it's fun. Besides, the Princess needs to know how to have fun before the parade. You will let her go, will you not?"

The king paused, "It's dangerous."

"You said that about the humans and if anything, we've brought you better stuff than you have us." Luz uttered. "Like popped corn, or wagons. Why do you roll in eggs? It's unsanitary. And some of us humans were the ones who actually killed the beasts inside."

Amity nearly spit out her food, "There's things inside-?"

"Princess, it's an egg. Of course there's things inside." Luz gently pat her back. "Don't choke, you'll die."

"That's how choking works, Luz." Amity took her glass.

The knight thought for a second, then decided not to speak, nodding and fixing her posture. "..."

"Luz?"

"...."

Amity frowned, "Luz, speak."

"No."

"Aha!"

"..."

"Luz."

"...."