[65]

December 3rd, fourteen twenty.

Paco and Gelato had galloped most of the night, stopping to rest at the hot spring from all those days ago before continuing. Then again, resting to eat and stretch and returning to work. By dawn, they arrived at Cheshire's town.

Luz's heart beat faster as they neared Parvati's home, but when they were close enough, Luz could not wait any longer and slid off Paco's saddle, rushing to the door. She knocked, shuffling anxiously on her heels as steps started down the hall. "Ugh.." Parvati struggled with the lock. "Cheshire, if it's you I'm going to--"

The door opened, Parvati gasping, Luz smiling warmly. "I told you I would return. Did I not?"

Parvati leapt out, being caught and spun, holding on to Luz tighter than a leeches bite. "Oh Luz.." Parvati breathed out, a soft sob escaping her. "I've m..ssed y..you!"

"I've missed you as well Parvati, may we come in?" Luz held her close, tempted to drop the pot and to her knees to hold Parvati properly.

"Yes-- P-Please do! I-" Parvati sniffled, releasing Luz, being set down. "I kept my promise.."

The wonderful smell of curry finally entered Luz's nose, the human stepping in the home, sighing. "It's so nice to be back.."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Amity felt no malice towards Parvati, despite her taking Luz and keeping the knight close. She knew Parvati loved Cheshire, and she would never do anything to change the relationship the two now shared. She did not completely understand it, but left it be and waited for Parvati to be at ease alongside Luz.

When the time finally came, Parvati breathed a sigh of relief, standing and switching sides with Amity. "Go on, sit with Luz." Parvati pushed her.

Confused, Amity went to take her new seat, Parvati nodding and relaxing. "Yes, this is better." Parvati smiled. "Did you recieve and do what you needed?"

"Yes, we did." Luz nodded. "Albiet with a few stops on the way.."

Amity elbowed Luz roughly, the knight snickering and wrapping an arm around her waist. "Luz left me during the trip to protect me, but all is fixed and well. Has anything progressed with you and Cheshire?"

Parvati shook her head, "He works in the mornings, and since the cold draws near, I work less. So I wait longer and longer for his visits."

"Yet, you've confused me for him." Luz rose a brow. "Are you hiding the truth from me Parvati?"

The witch gazed at Luz, ears flicking. "Your ears turn red when you lie, Parvati." Luz teased.

Parvati squeaked, raising her hands quickly and covering her ears, "That is not true!"

"Oh really then? Show me your ears." Luz nodded.

Parvati shook her head, "No!"

"Parvati Sankar." Luz stood.

"They turned pink is all! There is no hint of red--"

"Oh you-" Luz moved the table. "Move your hands!"

"NOoOooO!" Parvati squealed.

Amity giggled, "Parvati, the sooner you remove your hands, the faster it will be for Luz to see you are lying." Amity cooed.

"But I'm noT- AHHH!!" Parvati pushed Luz's face back.

The knight took the chance and gripped Parvati's wrist, moving her hand down, "A-Ha!" Luz exclaimed. "Your ears turned red!"