[38]

October 30th, fourteen twenty.

Amity woke up ever so warm, Luz holding her tightly. Amity tiredly glanced around the carriage, glaring at the awake Queen. Boscha snorted, narrowing her eyes, "Comfy?"

"Yes, very." Amity snuggled further into Luz's arms. "And warm. Thank you for asking."

Boscha scowled, "It was satire, Princess.."

"I didn't realize."

Luz winced, forcing Amity into her lap, nuzzling into the crook of her neck. Amity squeaked, pushing Luz back, the knight hitting her head on the carriage. "Ouch-!"

"Sorry-"

Luz flinched, "Princess- Hello-" Luz moved Amity to the seat by her. "Ahm- Good morning-"

Boscha rolled her eyes, "At ease, Luz. I was already aware of your friendship." Boscha sighed sharply. "But I won't allow it. Luz Noceda, spar me. If you lose, I get your hand in courtship. If you win, I'll help you court the princess."

Luz's eyes widened, "You will?- And now??"

Boscha hummed, "I don't mind now. Duck."

The queen lunged, snapping, her rose sword taking the air around her palm. Luz drew her sword, blocking the hit, swiping Boscha away. "Tch-" Luz went for the door, forcing it open with her side.

Boscha jumped out after her, swiping at Luz, the knight swinging at the right angle, sending the queen's sword flying. The carriage stopped, the guards moving quickly. "Wait, don't!" Boscha rose her hand.

A chain was thrown, passing Luz, then quickly returning, wrapping around Luz's neck. A guard drew his sword, grazing Luz's side, the knight grabbing his ankle and pulling it close. He slipped, toppling over the guard by him. Boscha scrambled up, blocking Luz, the guards stilling.

Boscha sighed sharply, "I initiated the spar..Luz..Did nothing wrong.."

Luz hissed softly, rubbing her neck, Viney rushing over. "Let me kiss it better!"

"What- No! Get away!!" Luz scrambled back.

Viney pinned Luz down, leaning in. She was kicked off, Amity glaring at the healer. "That's my knight, thank you very much.." Amity forced Luz to stand, patting her down. "Come on, we're nearing th-"

"WOAH!" Luz fell down, being dragged towards the woods.

"LUZ!" Boscha lifted her dress, rushing after her.

Two guards grabbed Viney and Amity, taking them back to the carriage, the others going after Boscha. Luz sliced up the vines, scrambling up. The ground quaked, a stone barrier forming around Luz, then it sunk underground.

Luz was gone.

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Paco wouldn't stop pacing around Boscha. He was angry, and wished to smash her skull in, but was denied of it. "It wasn't my fault."

The stallion stopped, looking to Boscha. "Mmmrrrfff? Snnrt-" He shook his head, snorting and standing on his hind legs, whinnying.

He stomped in front of her, nipping at the Queen, turning and spinning, letting out soft, worried hums. Amity gently stroked his back, Paco glancing over, "It was construction magic, Paco. That's the King's power, so they took her. We'll get Luz back soon, don't worry."

Paco moved closer, gently nudging her, the princess hopping on his saddle, gently taking the reins. He galloped ahead of the horses, keeping their pace.