[30]

October tenth, fourteen twenty, two days later.

Luz has been here for five days, she has completed the training course. Hunter has accepted the fact she is a great guard and has sparred her once or twice to test who was the best. He refuses to accept that Luz can beat him at her best, and has much fun tormenting her when the pain comes back suddenly in the middle of a fight.

Now, comes her final test. "For days on end, guards stay here to protect the emperor. He too doesn't leave his room unless he needs to check on the castle himself." Hunter explained. "For the remaining two days, Ms.Noceda, you are to stay here and protect him."

"Yes Sir." Luz bowed, thanking Hunter softly when he returned her sword.

She walked over to the Emperor, bowing deeply before taking her place at a worn tile.

The first hour in, Luz was still as strong as she could be despite being injured. Training left her without food or little food for months. Only near the end of each session did she have a feast where she gave it her all and kill a large predator and share with an animal that would always help her to the top of the tallest mountain.

The second hour in, she was as the first hour. She wasn't hungry, she wasn't tired, just a little disoriented, something smelled odd.

The third hour in, was when the first word was spoken. "How long have you worked for Princess Amity, Luz Noceda?" Belos suddenly asked.

"Almost a month, Emperor." Luz responded.

"Were you belittled in your first few days?"

Luz hesitated. "..I will nor deny nor accept your opinion on what you see is true."

Belos lightly chuckled, "What a peculiar response.." He looked to her. "Would you like to work with me permanently?"

Luz bowed, "I respectfully decline Emperor. I am happy in my current position at my castle."

He drew back slightly, humming softly, "How long were you with the medics after training?"

"A week. I had to waddle home when I was able to see twenty feet ahead of me."

And it went on. Belos asked a question, Luz answered. Ones she saw too personal or didn't want to answer, she would decline or let him guess. Til Luz caught on.

"Do you humans have uvulas?"

Luz stayed quiet. Belos's eyes glew blue, "Ah. You've figured it out." He sighed longingly. "I thought I could get you dehydrated by noon..Oh well!" Belos turned to the doors. "Best we let time run its course.."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Something wasn't right..

Luz could smell something off. It wasn't anything burning, it didn't smell like gas, and well, no one smelled weird. It was nauseating..

The guard on the other side of Belos took in a sharp breath, stumbling out of his place. He drew his weapon, Luz jumping forward as he sliced at the emperor. Her sword squeaked at the hit, Luz pushing herself towards the guard, shouldering him roughly.

He fell back, his eyes glowing a dark blue. He got back up, holding his hand out to his sword, the iron weapon flying back into his palm. He growled and charged for Luz, swiping at her waist. She jumped up, deflecting the swipe when he quickly changed directions.

Luz winced when her burns acted up again, swiping at the guard. He ducked down, Luz using the pommel of her sword on his neck. He let out a soft gasp before he fell limp, Luz stepping back, taking in a deep breath.

She twitched, stumbling slightly as her vision blurred. "I hoped to take you willingly Noceda, I truly did.." Belos stood, walking over to her. "But you denied. Deny deny deny. You need to be placed where you can do anything! And that castle wasn't it.." He lifted her chin. "Cheer up. You'll be back in no time."

Luz staggered, swiping at him, "How.. D......y...ou.." Luz swallowed, stumbling down. "A..ty..I..n....d A..ty.."

-How..Dare you..Amity..I need Amity..

She huffed before her mind went blank. She stood, walking back to her spot, the emperor sitting back down. He took a deep breath, eyes glistening as the flames by him flickered. "Then there was one.."

Tis, the adventure continues.