[10]

September thirtieth, 1420.

Luz had a wink of sleep, having to fill out what happened the day before, write notes, read about farming for a few hours, then slept for about two seconds before Amity barged in. "Luz let's go the sun is waiting!" Amity rushed to Luz's side. "It's a great day!"

The human moved her pillow over her eyes, whining quietly, "Just allow me to rest for awhile-- I was awake doing your work-"

"But the farmers have a day off! We must see the village with them!!" Amity shook the human. "Get up this instant!"

Luz sat up, grabbing Amity's wrist, "Princess. I request a few hours of rest. I will be by your side tonight, please grant me four hours."

Amity hesitated, then she sighed, relaxing in to Luz. "Four hours."

The human slumped, feeling her nerves drift away slowly, 'Gosh..She's so warm..' Luz lightly rubbed Amity's arm, feeling her untense. 'Soft..Fragile and small..' Luz pulled Amity close, lying down with her, keeping the princess out of harm's way. 'And mine to protect..At least when I'm awake.'

Luz felt her eyes grow heavy, nuzzling Amity's cheek, dozing off in a heartbeat. She kept her hold on Amity, her mind still longing for Amity's affection. The Princess caressed Luz's cheek, having nothing to do as she was out of reach from the deck of cards.

Amity sighed, and prepared for the next four hours.

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

"I feel great." Luz said proudly, helping Amity off the carriage.

"I will say nothing of the sort, but I feel refreshed." Amity released Luz's hand, adjusting her dress. "Shall I purchase a wear more suitable for farming?"

"If you wish, then yes." Luz made sure her sword was still in its place before walking towards the barn with Amity. "But it'll only be one more day to farm then we'll be heading back."

Amity rubbed her chin, humming quietly, "Then I suppose I'll save them for future trips. We'll never know what the future will bring us."

Luz nodded, "Stellar idea Princess, did the farmers tell you where they'd meet?"

"Quarter mile northwest." Amity recalled.

"Alright, then let's hurry, we slept for quite awhile-"

Some time later, Luz stopped her horse, accidentally startling it a bit, making him jump back slightly. "It's alright Boy," Luz rubbed his cheek. "Hush.."

The horse snorted, stepping back a bit before shaking his head, trotting towards another horse. Little parking area for them, rather nice to be honest. Luz hopped off, assisting her Princess down. She removed the horse's satchel, patting his side, "Kick off any strangers ya'hear?"

He chuffed, blowing raspberry in Luz's face, trotting towards the trough with water. Luz wiped her face, swinging the satchel over her shoulder, "Where to Princess?" Luz asked.

"Closest shop, that one. We'll ask what we need to for an hour, then we'll eat. Is that alright?" Amity looked to Luz.

"Of course Princess," Luz held her arm out. "But stay close, neighborhoods like this are dangerous."

Amity linked her arm around Luz's, feeling the human relax slightly, "Are you alright Luz?" Amity asked, tugging at the human, guiding her to the shop.

"Knowing you are I am." Luz examined the contents of the stand, spotting a cute little something that caught her eye. "..I wish to take that."

The vendor peeked back, taking a gander at what Luz was staring at. "What would you like eh?" They tried to figure out which accessory she wanted. "That one?"

Luz picked up a small pendant, turning to Amity, glancing at the pendant then at the princess. "What are you looking at Noceda?" Amity gently elbowed her.

"Something pretty." Luz said, to no one or thing in particular. "I'd like to purchase this, and ask you a few questions if that's alright?"

The vendor lightly shrugged, "Don't see why not," He tipped his hat down. "Twenty-five copper."

Luz opened the satchel, counting out twenty-five copper snails, handing them over. He thanked Luz, then pointed behind himself, "Come n' sit. Let me deal with a few more costumers and I'll answer your questions right quick."

"Mm." Luz nodded, removing her arm from Amity's. "One second."

She opened up the lobster claw, moving Amity's hair back. "Luz--"

"Hush." The knight moved the necklace around Amity's neck, being careful when she closed the claw. "I thought it would look nice, and I was right."

Amity felt the pendant, "Hmph. I have pendants at home." Amity watched the vendor go to the other side, helping a customer. "Far more expensive might I add.."

She frowned, Luz patting her head, "But it feels special don't it?"

"It does." Amity nodded, rubbing the golden pendant in between her fingers. "It does.."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

"Eighteen out of a eighty nine stalls complete." Luz checked off the list. "So far I'm correct. Princess, are you ready to finally eat?"

Amity jumped, looking over to Luz, taking her goodies. (Not goddess). "Yes I am," Amity pulled her small cart. "But where will we be dining?"

"With the farmers." Luz signaled up ahead. "While you were the distracted being you were," Luz pinched Amity's cheek lightly. "I found the farmers, and we planned to meet up here once we finished two more stalls."

Amity nodded slowly, following Luz to the outside diner, both women waving at the farmers. They greeted properly, joining them at the table, "Did you all order drinks?" Luz asked.

"Beer." One began, looking to the others.

"Wine."

"Beer."

"Beer! Here here!"

"Alcohol."

"Champagne."

Luz exhaled sharply, "I'm on duty so I'll have a water--" Luz looked to a farmer. "Cockatrice pasta."

He nodded, standing up, "You greeny?" He asked.

"Greeny? Ah-- Rum. Nothing spicy to eat will be fine, thank you."

He tapped the table, walking towards the bartender. He came back with drinks rather quickly. A barcadi rum for Amity, and a water with a lime on it for Luz. They thanked him, taking sips of their drinks. "Oh woo-- That's strong." Amity cringed slightly, shaking her head and taking a longer sip.

"That'll be your only glass." Luz moved Amity's cup down and away. "I'll be keeping track."

"Awh you're no fun." Amity cleared her throat, lightly hitting Luz's hand and taking her rum. "Let's relax today, it's been a long day."

The farmers chuckled and cooed, agreeing with the princess. "Just two glasses yeah?" One of the farmers raised his cup, pointing to Luz. "No more than three in total."

"Absolutely not." Luz shook her head. "I have to take care of her, and if she's hungover I don't want to be held accountable for her actions. Two glasses at the most."

Amity nodded to the farmer who stood and rushed to get Amity another glass as she finished her current one. Luz sighed quietly, sipping on her water, 'I'm going to regret my night..'

Tis, the adventure continues.