[5]

When Amity awoke, Luz was gone. The knight had left a note, pink rose, and The Good Witch Azura book. Amity sat up, stretching out and yawning, "Chilly morning.."

September twenty fifth, fourteen twenty. Amity shuffled out of bed, picking up the letter, opening it up, unfolding the paper. "Dear Princess, I have been up since dawn, and am hopefully making my way home. If I am not back by noon, don't assume the worst right away and wait a little longer. If I'm not back by dusk, start to worry, I might be dead. But as of now, get started on the book. I'll return as soon as possible. –L.N"

Amity folded the note, sliding it back into the envelope, picking up the rose and book. "Time to read.."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

When Amity finally got to a calm part in the book, she looked up, the sun beginning to set. "Ah–" Amity closed the book, scrambling out of bed.

She rushed to her closet, quickly changing, rushing to her door. She opened it, speeding down the stairs, gripping her dress. "Oh Amity-"

"Not now Luz." Amity hesitated, stopping in her tracks, looking back. "Luz--"

"Evening Princess-"

Amity quickly hugged the knight, Luz raising her arms, "You idiot--"

"I'm sorry-?"

"You're late!!"

Luz flinched, "Oh yes- The letter- I remember now." Luz took Amity's hands. "I lost track of time. Guess who I found."

"Uhm, not the king hopefully?"

Luz chuckled, patting Amity's head, "I found him.." Luz looked back. "He's alive.."

A male, witch, chocolate skin, bushy hair that looked like clouds yet a nice deep brown, walked over with drinks. "Agustus Porter, pleased to meet you your highness." He bowed, offering Luz a drink.

The knight took it, ruffling his hair, elbowing him, "You were saying about that dragon Gus?"

"The thing was crazy! Oh you should have been there Luz-- He–"

"Agustus."

The trio flinched, looking towards the kitchen, the knights bowing. "Princess Willow, good evening." Luz spoke first.

"My princess, I apologize for wandering off." Agustus uttered.

Amity fixed her posture, clearing her throat, "Willow Park."

"Amity Blight." The turquoise haired witch muttered.

Both princesses glared at eachother, then giggled and hugged. "How have you been old friend?" Amity asked.

"I've been swell! Just finished training to learn how to summon crops, I'm on to the next level! How have you been?" Willow pulled back and smiled.

"Great! I've finally been able to go out! Luz has been a pleasure to have around, she has gotten me permission to visit the city!"

Willow gasped, "She has?! That's amazing! Have you seen this stall with a yellow banner on the--"

A bell chimed, all the guards perking up in the vicinity, "Breach. There has been a breach. Guards, to the north wall. Guards, to the north wall. Knights, protect the princesses."

Luz rolled her eyes, "They always make a big deal of breaches. I was just there! It's only shellgull's landing for dinner.." Luz sighed, looking at Agustus. "Come on, we need to follow protocol."

"But--"

"Agustus. Just get your princess and guide her to her current dormitory." Luz linked her arm around Amity's. "Let's go Princess."

Amity nodded, placing her hand over Luz's arm, "Let's."

Luz waved at the other two, walking upstairs with Amity, Agustus sighing. "Come on Princess.." Agustus held his arm out.

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

"Then this..Is who?" Luz asked, pointing to the book.

"He's the demon king, but Azura doesn't know! It's near the end---" Amity pointed to a different place on the book. "Then he's the wizard, but--"

"Azura also doesn't know." Luz cut in. "Right?"

"Right! The wizard is like 200, maybe 300 years old- He's supposed to help Azura complete her next challenge, like the fairytale Hercules."

Luz ohed, "Okay okay..Explains some things.."

Amity nodded, smiling brightly up at Luz, "Would you like to continue now Luz?" Amity asked.

The knight pat her head, ruffling her hair, "I have to go, Princess. My shift has ended."

"But you weren't even here for the entire day!" Amity argued. "You shouldn't even be paid."

"I don't, actually." Luz got up. "Well, I do. And I don't. If I fail to report what happened the entire day, I'll be docked of my pay. And if I do report what we've done, I get paid. When you agree that my words are true, I'll get paid the regular wage of twenty snails an hour." Luz explained.

Amity processed that, then perked up, "Don't humans have different currency?" Amity asked.

Luz nodded, "My usual wage in snails is about fourteen, to seventeen. I get about twenty human bills in exchange for just one. But the king has put a larger price on property, and I'm afraid I won't have a home in about 2 weeks time. So if I don't work tomorrow to the next week, I won't be your guard anymore your highness. And I'll be about three day horse ride, so I probably won't see you anymore if I don't work."

Amity processed all that, slumping forward, "You'll leave..?"

"I'm afraid so.." Luz shook her head, straightening her posture and sighing sharply. "But it's okay-- I've only been here a few days– It's not like you'll miss me if I leave Princess– Please forget what I said– I have to go, I need to see the healer for my mother's medication, have a nice night." Luz got out of bed, bowing and rushing to the door.

She opened the door, leaving, and closing the door behind herself. "But.. You think I won't miss you..?" Amity said quietly, looking down at the book. "..I'll finish it tomorrow.."

        Tis the adventure continues.