[41]

October 37th, fourteen twenty.

Luz woke up early to fetch a few buckets of water from the well, to water the crops and fill up for the week. "Can I come?" King scurried after her. "I've been inside all week cause Mama won't let me out.."

"Hm.." Luz reached up, pulling a small bucket from the top shelf. "Come on. Stay close though."

King's tail wagged, the demon taking the small, patterned bucket and following Luz. They left the house, Luz closing the door and leading the way down the paths. Oh, and yes, Luz and her family did move.

While not much, they could see their old house higher up on the hill. "Eda took the house, didn't she?" Luz looked to King.

"Yes, she did! Lily moved in with her." King kicked a rock. "Are you going to marry the princess?"

"Uhm." Luz looked down to him. "Will it bother you if I do?"

King shrugged, "She's nice. You'll make a good queen."

Luz paused, "Oh. I forgot about that.." Luz hummed. "Come here."

King took her hand, being pulled up and set on her shoulder. He carefully placed both paws on either shoulder, bucket on Luz's head, "Morning."

"Good morning." Luz nodded.

King waved, perking up, "Can we get breakfast today?" He pat Luz's head, pointing to a stand beginning to be set up.

"Hm..After we bring the buckets back. They'll finish setting up when we return." Luz trudged on.

They reached a well, a guard standing in front of it with an old man by him. "Luz?" He perked. "Hey, no shift today?" The guard removed his helmet.

"Steve! No shift, yeah." Luz smiled, holding out the buckets. "Taking my vacation days to help around the house and rest."

Steve smiled, taking the buckets, "Glad to hear that Luz. Is your mom doing okay?"

"She's just fine. You should join us for breakfast." Luz handed snails to the old man.

King offered his tiny bucket, Steve chuckling and taking it. "I'll see if I can."

Steve filled the buckets, King jumping down by Luz's feet, taking his bucket back. Luz held the rest, bidding Steve and the old man farewell. King spotted a shop, and pointed it out. "Can we go?"

Luz sighed, "Just for a bit."

. . .

"So you're afraid to speak to her about it?" Camilla asked softly.

Amity nodded slowly, "I know she meant nothing of it..And it was my fault for making noise when she was sleeping..But it just doesn't seem to leave my mind."

Camilla nodded, "I understand. It happened to me too."

Amity looked to her, "Really?"

"Yes. I came home late one night, and none of the candles were lit..Luz heard me, and came at me with a dagger, blanket, and a hook. She stopped when she saw me, and dropped everything." Camilla shook her head. "I was proud of her for being ready to fight, but I grew weary.."

Amity softened, "That's how I feel..I know Luz would never hurt me, but the thought lingers.."

Camilla adjusted her glasses, lifting her cup of tea, "It will go away when you speak to her about it. I did, and she has since then stayed up when I'm out late to ensure it is me."

Amity nodded slowly, "I will keep that in mind..Thank you Camilla.."

"Mhm." She drank her tea. "You are free to return to bed until Luz returns."

The door opened, Luz holding several empty buckets, King by her feet with a crate and his tiny bucket. "Hi!" He yipped, tail wagging. "We brought cute plates!"

Luz rolled her eyes, smiling, "Little pottery to play with." Luz took his bucket. "Did you want to use your water for your plants or to play in the pond?"

"Pond! Pond pond pond!" King clapped, raising his paws. "Up!"

"Put your stuff away and I'll give you ups." Luz pointed to his room.

He scampered off, Luz closing the door, setting his bucket on the counter. She walked over to Amity, kissing her cheek, "We return to the castle soon." Luz spoke. "While I am on vacation, someone else will be in charge of you."

Amity frowned, "Will you not visit?"

"I am not allowed in the castle off duty." Luz brushed the nape of Amity's neck, kissing her head. "But our door is always open to you."

Amity smiled, "Always?"

"As long as someone is home, yes. You can not break into our home when no one is here." Luz ruffled her hair. "Anyone up for breakfast?"

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

"Do you have to go?" Amity asked softly, brushing back Luz's hair.

"Yes Amor, but I'll be back in two days time. I'll be ready to care for you then." Luz smiled warmly. "I love you Amity."

The princess flushed, ears drooping as the tips turned pink at the proclamation. "I love you too Luz-"

Lowering her head, the knight placed a soft kiss on the princess's lips. Amity squealed, pushing Luz's face back. Snorting, the knight pulled Amity close, hugging her. "I'll see you soon Amor."

"Oh- Uhm.." Amity pat Luz's shoulders. "I..I wanted to talk to you.."

"About? Are you okay?" Luz stepped back, kneeling down. "Do you need to sit? Are you-"

"It's about the night you drew your sword.."

Luz paused, "Oh..That night.." Luz softened. "It's been troubling you that long? Amity, you could have brought it up sooner.."

"Yes I..I know.." Amity swallowed. "Would..You ever hurt me..?"

Luz caressed her cheek, "Maybe. It could be on accident, or on purpose." Luz lightly hit her head. "For keeping quiet."

Amity winced, "Not like that.."

Luz sighed, standing and holding Amity close, "Amity, Princesa..I would never hurt you to the point it'll leave a scar..Even if it's just a splinter, I'll never let that happen to you..I'll die before I cut you even slightly!"

Taking in a shuddering breath, Amity relaxed against Luz, "Okay..Okay I..I feel better.."

Luz kissed the nape of her neck, gently rubbing her back, "Amity, it's okay to not feel okay about it..I know it must've been scary..I've had several close calls during training..I'm sorry you had to feel the same scare.."

Amity tensed. Training. Luz..Luz had gone through that. For years. She shouldn't complain. "Oh.."

"I love you. I'll never let anyone hurt you. Including myself." Luz kissed her cheek. "Please don't hesitate to tell me how you feel Amity..I care about you, and I'll always put you first.."

Amity trembled, "I..Don't feel deserving of your remorse-" Her lip quivered.

Luz lifted the princess, holding her close, "Please do not say that, Amity.. You will always be deserving of the things I give you." Luz spoke softly.

Yet Amity still flinched at the tone. She wasn't quite used to Luz's soft voice, 'I'll have to get used to it..' Amity sighed. "Luz..Thank you for loving me.."

"Don't thank me for doing something I love." Luz kissed her cheek. "Amity, please never hesitate to tell me how you feel. If it is in my power, I will do whatever it takes to make you feel better or help you let out those feelings.."

Amity relaxed into Luz, nuzzling into the crook of her neck, "Before you leave me for the rest of the week..May we stop for Paco and have a picnic..?"

Luz, with a small smile, nodded, "Anything for my Amity."

Tis the adventure continues.