[13]

September thirty-third, fourteen twenty.

The next morning, Luz had actually slept a full eight hours, gotten dressed, and was ready at Amity's door all before the sun rose. "Rise and shine Princess! You have duties to attend to!" Luz knocked.

"Whyyyyyyy..."

"No slurring Amity, hop to it."

The princess groaned and whined as her covers moved around, Luz waiting by the door.

Amity came out, ruffling her dress slightly before looking up at Luz. "Are you ready?" Amity asked.

"Yes Princess." Luz held her arm out. "Let us go."

"Where to today?"

Luz shrugged her shoulders, "Wherever you wish Princess."

Amity perked up, "Per say, your house?"

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

"Oh~" Amity entered the lovely home, her smile soft and at ease. "How long have you lived here Luz?"

"Six years." The human set the key down, closing the door. "Please keep quiet, my mother is resting."

Amity put her fingertips over her mouth, nodding slowly. She examined the seating area, her ears perking up as she heard a faint whistle. "Kettle?" Amity looked to Luz.

"Apparently so." Luz walked towards the kitchen, removing the kettle from the woodburner stove. "Guessing for tea."

"..Luz.." Came a small whisper from around the corner.

She looked over, "King-"

He cowered, nervously pointing to Amity, and shrugging. "...?"

"It's alright, come." Luz pat her thigh.

He rushed over, hugging Luz's leg, "Is she here to..?"

"She isn't I promise. The princess wishes to join us for lunch." Luz picked him up, holding King close. "Did Mama wake up?"

King hid his snout in Luz's shoulder, shaking his head, "She's asleep.."

"Do you remember if she wanted tea for her water?" Luz looked towards Amity who was examining a painting.

"She wants that one.." King pointed to a little packet on the shelf.

Luz looked up at it, taking it and a cup. She placed the packet inside first, pouring the water over it. "Bring it to her please?"

King hopped down, Luz handing him the tea, sending him off with a pat on the head. Luz looked over at Amity, waving her over when she glanced about. "Yes?"

"Would you like some tea?"

"Oh, no thank you." Amity smiled. "I'm quite alright. Which room is yours?"

Luz pointed to a closed door, "It's that one. You're free to go in, though it might be a mess."

Amity shook her head, walking over to the closed off room, opening the door. "Oh! This is a qaint little room."

"Sorry it's not much, we plan on moving soon." Luz poured another cup of tea, handing it to King who gave her an odd look. "Heard you cough this morning, go to bed after."

Amity poked her head around the door, "Moving?-"

"A mile from here."

"Closer to the city or farther--"

Luz thought for a second, "Are you going to try and convince me to stay if I say farther."

"Possibly yes--"