[62]

November forty-eighth, fourteen twenty.

Paco could not stop thinking of what had happened last night, and desperately wished to get home to ride with-- Spend time, with, the real Gelato. So he ran.

Skipping two towns, Paco noted the trees' markings and how many remained with stumps. "We are nearing more dangerous waters." Luz spoke. "We will find more sirens, be wary."

Paco nodded, sniffing the air. "That's familiar. We're getting close! Give me an apple." He opened his mouth, turning his head.

Luz grabbed an apple from her bag, placing it on Paco's tounge. He bit into it, munching as he lightly trot towards the fresh path, grass on either side of him. Paco's ears perked, turning to the grass, slowing. The grass shuffled, a paw seeping out, Paco jerking forward and galloping ahead.

A bark came from the mutt who then took up chasing after Paco, another jumping and nearly biting Paco's neck before Luz kicked it away. "Guess we shouldn't worry about the sirens just yet!" Luz exclaimed.

Mutts ran out from the field, nipping at Paco, the stallion snorting and kicking back. He turned sharply, kicking himself off a tree and jumping onto a stone wall, the mutts scrambling to a stop. The stone wall was clean, freshly polished and made of a reliable stone. "Oh, there it is." Luz turned Paco's head.

His mouth dropped at the sight, frame of a castle made of steel, workers walking in unison and effectively. Paco waved off the mutts, snorting and jumping down, braying. "We mean no harm, dogs." Luz spoke. "Here, for your troubles."

She threw a hare she killed earlier down, the dogs looking to her before one took the hare and ran off with mutts chasing after. Paco crossed the small bridge, witches and humans alike looking over. "Oh no.." A human turned. "Someone get a guard..-"

"I'm not here to harm," Luz got off Paco's back. "I came to seek an audience with the queen."

"..How do you know we have a queen.." A witch stepped forward.

"I was invited." Luz took Paco's reins. "And I need to speak to Boscha."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Near a large body of water, the new lands would be placed on a witch-made island with the help of sirens. Luz and Paco realized soon after that the sirens they encountered worked for Boscha.

In exchange for their assistance and protection, they would be given food, shelter, and allowed to eat any and all trespassers. Being told Boscha was occupied, Luz was treated as a guest and offered food. But she declined, and went to assist with the construction of the homes. "Human." A knight stomped over. "Luz Noceda?"

She set the barrel down, turning, "Yes?"

"Our Queen is ready."

Paco snorted, nudging Luz ahead, nodding towards the houses and trotting off. Luz followed the knight back onto the island, papers being signed by the dozen, Boscha dipping her quill into ink before writing a final time and looking to the visitors. "Luz."

"My Queen." Luz bowed. "I've come to speak to you."

Boscha set the quill down, walking closer to Luz, the human raising her head. "But you aren't. Are you?"

"..I come for Adrian Graye."

Boscha drew back, ears flicking, "How do..Who told you?"

"I went to Queen Hettie's castle to speak to him for false impersonation. He wrote as the princess and banished me. When I learned the hard way he was not at the castle, I found Ukla."