CHAPTER 66:

Killian

The door of the van slid open and the doctors tried pulling me out.

"Her!" I shouted to them as they stopped trying to help me, forcing their attention to Rebecca.

I carefully held her and helped place her on a gurney where the doctors began rolling her inside.

Adrenaline took over me then, and I jogged with them.

"There was a shooting," I started, huffing with every step. "She didn't get shot," I continued, not sure what to tell the doctors.

"Sir, you're bleeding," one woman exclaimed as she waved doctors over to me.

"I'm fine, I have to stay with her," I replied flatly, forcing my way around the woman and following where they were taking Rebecca.

"Help me over here!" She called as more doctors ran after me, forcing me to stop.

"No! I have to stay with her!" I pleaded as I struggled in their grasp, my arm stinging with every move I made.

I felt a prick in my side then, suddenly I was calm, my vision blurring.

My body felt light and the doctors became the only thing keeping me upright.

They carried me to a room and laid me down, the bright lights causing me to squint.

One of them took scissors and started cutting my shirt, revealing my arm.

"Damn," I cursed as I saw the wound.

The bullet had only grazed me, but it was deeper than I originally thought.

I managed to stay awake while they cleaned my arm and gave me stitches. Whatever they gave me had helped the pain, but most people would be squeamish enough to pass out by the sight of my arm.

"My tattoos better still look good after this," I groaned, the doctors unfazed by my comment, probably assuming I was in shock.

Little do they know, getting shot at is pretty much my lifestyle.

When they were all done, they wrapped my shoulder and gave me something for any discomfort.

"Can I go see her now?" I asked one of the female doctors before she was able to leave.

"She's not awake yet," she started but quickly sighed. "Let me find you a shirt first," she blushed before retrieving one from lost and found.

"Thank you," I mumbled as I threw the shirt over my head, ignoring any pain that shot through my shoulder as I did so.

"She's down the hall on the right, there's two men outside her room," she added, my eyes going wide.

"Lachlan," I cursed before quickly rushing out and went down the hall.

I rounded a corner and was halted by seeing a familiar face, causing my breath to hitch and I clutched my chest.

"Fuck Vincent, I thought Lachlan was here," I hissed and then leaned back against the wall.

"Dante managed to get him and his men out of Ocean City," he spoke calmly. "Did you say anything to the doctors about what happened?" He asked suddenly.

"Just that there was a shooting and Rebecca didn't get shot," I spoke truthfully, Vincent nodding his head.

"I'm going in there," I said, my patience running thin.

Vincent stepped in front of me.

"Move," I hissed but he stood still.

"The doctor said there were two men outside Rebecca's room. Where's the other guy?" I asked with a harsh tone.