CHAPTER 33:

Rebecca

"Sam, drive," Killian hollered as he jumped into the open van door.

The van gave a loud roar before Sam sped away.

I found myself relaxing as soon as Killian jumped into the van. I also looked down at my dress which was covered in Damian's blood and dirt. The adrenaline that I felt not long ago was subsiding and that feeling was replaced with fuzziness and weakness.

To try and keep focus, I studied the boys in the front seats and listened to the rain hitting the roof of the vehicle.

The one that is driving, Sam, has flawless olive skin, shaggy brunette hair that is styled into a tall quiff, and as I peer into the rear view mirror, I can see that he has the most beautiful hazel eyes.

The other boy who helped Damian had paler skin, spiky copper hair, and his eyes were bright green, like emeralds.

"Go to Ruslan's. He will have men there awaiting us," Killian tells Sam as he speeds up.

"Are you sure The Lions won't be there?" Sam asked as he kept driving, his eyes glued to the wet road.

"Positive. Ruslan's house is secure, no one can break in," Killian reassured as he took off his belt and tried to put it on Damian's arm.

"Stop Killian!" Damian yelled as he winced in pain.

"Stop being a fucking bitch and let me help you," Killian scoffed as Damian let Killian tie the belt around his arm to stop the bleeding. "You will be okay," he whispers to Damian.

"No shit I'll be okay. If I were you, I'd be more concerned about Bex. She looks whiter than the snow piled on the ground outside," Damian fumes as I shut my eyes.

"She is going to be fine. She's just in shock," Killian diagnosed.

"I'm...not...in...shock," I protest quietly and breathy.

"And I'm not sitting here bleeding to death either," Damian scoffs sarcastically. "Someone get her a wet cloth or something," he suggests as Reese takes out his handkerchief and rolls down the window.

He lets the cold rain cover the fabric and rings it out slightly before rolling the window back up and placing it to my forehead.

At first I felt numb, but after a few seconds, my vision cleared and I felt warmth coming back to my face.

"Can I get one of those too?" Damian panted as he winced from the pain. "And maybe some morphine too?"

I took the one from my forehead and placed it on Damian's forehead. I dabbed at his temples and his cheeks to keep him awake.

He reached with his other arm and wiped a few tears from my cheek.

"It's not your fault Bex," he reassured me but I shook my head.

"If I had just stayed down," I started but my voice cracked.

"Don't think like that. It's just my shoulder, I'll get stitched up and be back to normal tomorrow," he offered a bright smile but I could see traces of fear in his eyes.

"We're almost at Ruslan's," Sam said as he slowed down.

"Good. There is a basement underneath the house that is bombproof. If anything happens, go to the den, move the bookshelf to the right and the passcode is 5972," Killian instructed as Sam stopped the van.

Everyone practically jumped out of the vehicle while I stayed put—my legs wouldn't work.

Morgan turned around, grabbed my arm and helped me out.

"Ruslan!" Killian hollers before Damian falls to his knees, his eyes rolling.

"He lost a lot of blood, and there's no exit wound. The bullet is still in his shoulder," Reese announced as he examined the wound.

"You said it was just a graze!" I yell while stumbling out of Morgan's hold.

"Guess it wasn't," Damian panted before he shut his eyes and fell backwards into a heap of unconsciousness.

"Reese, bring him to my office," Ruslan orders as he and Galina come into view. "Morgan, you and Killian guard the door and Rebecca, you go to your room and get cleaned up," Ruslan orders as I stay put.

"Rebecca?" Morgan questions but I still stay put.

"I've got this," Killian reassures Morgan as he picks me up bridal style and carries me up the stairs.

The shock from what happened tonight was finally settling in and when Killian put me down, I fell to my knees and my head fell into my hands while I cried.

Killian pulled my hands away from my face and placed them around his neck before he put his around my waist, pulling me tightly to him while I continued to cry.

"All this....time I thought...I thought this was a joke," I choked out between sobs. "They know what we're doing and they want me," I choke as Killian freezes suddenly before he rubs my back in soothing circles, calming my tears.

"They aren't going to touch you Princess. As long as you're with me, you'll be safe," Killian whispers.

"But Damian—he got shot for me tonight! How could I live with myself if it hadn't been his shoulder," I stutter and I start to cry again.

"But it only hit his shoulder and he's going to be fine. Just like you," he says as he pulls out of the hug, forcing me to look at him. "And Reese, and Morgan, and me," he finished as he used his thumbs to wipe my tears away.

He kisses my forehead and lets his lips linger before he places his forehead to mine.

"Go clean up and come get me when you're done," he softly says before he leaves our shared room.