CHAPTER 12:

Rebecca

Not long after we got out of the chase, clouds started to form in the sky and it started to rain.

Killian slowed down from his fast speed so we wouldn't skid.

"I'm gonna turn in this parking garage for some cover," he shouted as he turned off the streets.

The rain was pouring down when he steered into a parking garage, going up a few floors, and then parked in a spot before he cut the engine on the bike and put the kickstand down.

"That was exhilarating," I exclaimed as I swung my leg off the bike.

"I take it you've never been in a car chase before," Killian snickered as he shook his hair out, flipping it back and forth.

"Never! It was crazy! I mean when you turned the bike around that street post, I thought we were going to die, but you grabbed it and turned us around just in time! It was crazy!" I retorted as I smiled and bit my lower lip in my excitement.

Killian chuckled to himself lightly as he swung his leg off his bike and stood up next to me.

"You'll get used to it," he smiled crookedly as he opened the compartment under his bike seat. "And until this rain decides to stop," he started as he pulled out a bottle. "You want to pop it or should I?" He finished as he held a vodka bottle in one hand and a knife in the other.

"Do you always carry a bottle of vodka on your bike?" I asked incredulously as I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Everything better with vodka," he spoke in an exaggerated Russian accent.

I chuckled as he cut the seal on the bottle and carefully dug his knife into the bottle cap and popped it off.

He muttered something in his Russian language and then took a swig before handing me the bottle.

I looked at it and scrunched my nose.

"You don't like vodka?" He asked incredulously as he raised his eyebrows at my actions.

I shook my head no and he took the bottle back.

"You wouldn't make it in Russia," he snorted as he lifted up the seat again and pulled out a bottle of beer. "Please tell me you like beer at least," he half begged as I rolled my eyes.

"Yes, I like beer," I assured him as he popped the cap with his knife and handed me the bottle.

After he handed me the bottle, he started walking and nodded his head so I'd follow him.

"Sorry if I got you in trouble with my dad," I said before I took a swig of the beer.

"Maybe just a little trouble, but it's not like he can kill me—the agreement prevents that," he spoke coldly before he took another swig of vodka.

"What is all in the agreement?" I asked as I looked down at my beer. "I know about the marriage thing, but what other guidelines are in the paper? Or is it even a written paper or a contract?" I asked curiously, rambling slightly.

"It's a contract. Dante and Dimitri created it and basically, neither of our gangs can interfere with or hurt the other until The Lions are taken out. There's a bunch of nit pick things too but that and marriage are really the majority," he explains as we reach the edge of the concrete building.

The rain was still pouring outside and Killian hopped on the open ledge and sat down, straddling the concrete ledge with one leg and the other bent up to his chest.

He threw one of his arms on his knee and took a swig of vodka, looking down the city street through the rain.

I leaned against the ledge and looked out too.

"What do you think Dante could have said to drive your brother away?" Killian asked suddenly, still staring out at the rain.

"I don't know. He said couldn't take all the lies and the games and that it's really messed up," I explained and then took a long swig of the beer in my hand. "And he told me not to believe everything Dad says," I added lowly.

"You think he was hinting at the agreement?" Killian asked as I looked up at him, his icy eyes full of curiosity and confusion.

"Somewhat yes, but that's definitely not what drove him out with packed bags," I sighed and finished my beer.

"Everything seems to just come back around to Dante," Killian murmured to himself and set his bottle down next to mine.

Just as he did that, a loud siren echoed off the concrete walls.

I looked at Killian and his eyes widened in shock.

"Get to the bike now!" He yelled as he hopped off the concrete ledge and took my hand.

We ran toward his bike as the sirens became louder and louder with each step.

He swung his leg over the bike and turned it on as I jumped on behind him and wrapped my arms around his torso.

He backed up the bike and revved it before he squealed the wheels and drove down the parking garage.

"Hang on," he instructed as he turned a corner.

There were two police cars coming straight for us, so Killian turned his bike, leaving tire marks as he sped in the opposite direction.

He steered all the way to the bottom of the building and rode the ramp up and out.

As soon as we were out of the building, the rain immediately soaked us and flooded the streets, limiting our path to only a few streets.

Killian turned down a street that wasn't flooded and immediately hit the brake, sending the bike sideways, skidding before it came to a jolting stop.

Once we stopped, I looked up to see flashing red and blue lights with officers lined up, guns raised at us.

"Hands up! You're both under arrest!" They all shouted.

"Shit," we both mumbled at the same time as we raised our hands in the air.