CHAPTER 57:

Rebecca

It must have been hours since I had fallen asleep on this couch because when I woke up, the fire was completely out and the sun had just fallen over the horizon, sending the city into the darkness of night.

I stood up and stretched my sore body and walked over to the large windows.

The apartment was so high in the air you could practically see the entire city and the cars pass by like tiny little ants.

"Morning Princess," Killian greeted softly as I turned to see him leaning against the railing on the stairs.

"It's actually nighttime," I corrected as he gave a soft smile. "You look different," I said softly as his smile dropped.

"Is it the beard?" He tried to joke as he walked over to me, but I stuck my hand out to keep him at least a foot from me.

"No," I whispered as I looked up at him. "You don't have that sparkle in your eyes," I told him as I stared into his cloudy eyes.

"Neither do you," he whispered back before bringing me into a hug.

"I'm fine Killian," I protested as I pulled out of the hug. "I wasn't treated the worst when Lachlan was keeping me there. But that doesn't justify the fact that he nearly killed me and killed my mom and Tyson," I said as Killian's eyes widened.

"You know?" He asked as he furrowed his brows.

"Leon told me," I shivered as I remembered how I cried day in and day out for my mother and Tyson. "What happened to her baby?" I asked with hesitancy in my voice.

I almost didn't want to know.

If my mom hadn't survived, how was her baby supposed to?

Killian opened his mouth, but then he shut it and pressed his lips together.

"Don't tell me the baby died too—" I started, my voice catching at every word.

"Alexandra gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. He's premature so he's in extensive care, but he's gonna be okay," Killian revealed as I let out a huge sigh of relief.

"Does my dad know?" I asked lowly as Killian nodded. "Where is he?"

"Dante retreated his gang and he took the baby too. We haven't found any trace of him in the state," he spoke softly as I sighed. "Reese is—" He started.

"I swear to God if you say that my brother is dead," I cursed as he placed my hands in his.

"No, he's fine," he assured as I breathed out in ease. "Reese is driving Sam and Damian to my jet as we speak so they can get back to Russia," he explained as my eyes widened.

"What? Why? Haywood said everything was over, I don't understand," I stuttered, muttering out the words as quickly as they came.

"In order for Haywood to get you out, we needed to distract Lachlan for a while," he started. "Xander was willing to do whatever it took to get you back, so we met with Lachlan," he continued as I placed my hands over my mouth.

He stopped and tried to bring me in for a hug but I pushed him back.

"What happened, Killian!" I shouted as he sighed.