CHAPTER 18:

Rebecca

After breakfast, Killian and I took our sweet time getting back to the mansion.

It was around five in the evening when we actually got back because we were touring through the city and avoiding the mansion.

"Can you be serious with me now?" I asked as he parked in the driveway of the mansion.

I swung my leg off and took my helmet off while he stayed on the bike and only took his helmet off.

"Serious about what?" He asked, a bit confused.

I looked around and there weren't many guards so I spilled.

"What happened between us last night," I started timidly as he chuckled slightly.

"This again? Why? Do you want that to happen again?" He winked as he let his arms fall over the front of the handles.

He clanked his rings on the front and then raised his eyebrows, awaiting my answer.

"No—that was a mistake. I want to know why you kissed me. Do you like me now?" I asked sternly.

"Oh please Princess, remember I said there is no us? Also, I don't recall you asking me to stop," he taunted as he tugged on my jacket.

I stepped back at his sudden playfulness and he laughed at my reaction.

"We can't be seen with anyone else for who knows how long, so I figured we both might as well get something out of this agreement," he flashed a smile and started his bike. "And you seemed to be enjoying every second of it."

"I can't believe you. You're disgusting," I spat, feeling hurt and betrayed.

"Call me what you will, but you are the one that kissed me remember?" He raised his eyebrows and cocked his head. "But if you want me to do that again," he paused, swiping his hand across my shoulder. "Well, you know where to find me," he winked before he started his bike.

"Where are you going?" I asked him as he looked up and sighed in annoyance.

"I'm going back to where I live. You know, the Rebecca free place?" He sarcastically spat as he put his helmet back on. "I'll be back later," he added before he sped out of the driveway leaving me standing in disgust and awe.

My feet started walking me to the front doors before my brain could register it.

I opened the door and standing right in the foyer was my father.

Great.

"Hey...Dad," I shakily said as he stood in front of me, acting as a blockade preventing me from moving around him.

He had his arms crossed and he was examining me.

His eyes stopped at my pocket before he reached down and grabbed the envelope with the ticket to Russia in it.

"I can explain that," I started but my father cut me off.

"Killian has a way of telling you things before me," he started as he pulled two more tickets from his pocket. "You, Reese, and Morgan are going to go to Russia for a few business meetings as well as a banquet at the end of the trip," he explained as his expression softened.

"So why are only us three going? You and mom are staying here?" I asked curiously.

I did actually want to know why he and mom were staying here.

"Your mother and I—since your mother is pregnant, I want her nowhere near anything gang related. I'm staying with her and Xander was supposed to go with you kids, but—" he fell silent.