CHAPTER 16:

Rebecca

Morgan and I didn't move a muscle and my mom looked at us like we were crazy.

"Don't worry, I'll get the door," she states loudly as she makes her way out of the kitchen.

"Hello Killian, so nice to finally meet you," my mom greets charismatically.

"The pleasure is all mine Mrs. Vecellio," Killian politely greets back.

"Oh please, you don't have to be formal with me. Alex is just fine dear," my mom corrects. "Rebecca is this way if you want to see her," my mom announces.

"Please kill me now," I begged Morgan.

"Rebecca, Killian's here," she announces as she enters the kitchen, Killian not far behind her.

"Hello Princess," Killian greets me before he kisses my forehead.

"Hi," I greet back a bit awkwardly.

"We haven't seen each other in two weeks and I don't even get a hug?" Killian asks with hurt laced in his voice.

I stand up from my seat and hug Killian.

He tucks his head into my neck and whispers, "relax, just follow my lead. She doesn't know."

He pulled away then and gunned out his smile to my mom.

"I have to apologize for my part in Rebecca's sudden disappearance. I would not have stopped by if I had known of the situation with your son Alex," Killian speaks with a soft tone.

"Oh it's alright dear, at least she was safe with you," my mom responds with a kind voice.

"I did bring some surveillance tapes that may be of some use to finding your son, I'd like to give them to Dante if he's in," he nonchalantly explained as my mother looked like she could kiss him for being so charming.

"Yes, thank you for helping Killian. I'll just go grab him and give you kids a chance to chat in private," my mother speaks a bit quickly before she winks at me and starts toward my father's office.

"I think your mother adores me," he whispers into my ear.

"That's only because she doesn't know who you really are."

"And who am I really?" He asks, getting too close to my face.

"A dick," Morgan boasts as Killian glances at him.

"Who are you again?" Killian asks, confused.

"Morgan."

"Right. You should work on your babysitting. I hear it's not very good," Killian teases as Morgan grunts.

"Is Xander in Manhattan?" I ask suddenly, still focused on my brother.

"Well, no—" Killian speaks softly.

"You're late," my father announces as he enters the kitchen with my mother following close behind him. "I'll meet you in my office in a few minutes Killian and we can discuss a few things," he adds before he walks over to Morgan and takes him to the side.

They exchange a few whispers and then Morgan leaves.

"This might take a while. We have a lot of business to discuss," my father announces again as he then swiftly walks out of the kitchen.